Bucs Spring Preview

I enjoyed the long running "Serenade in Brass" thread almost as much as the show itself.

Next for me is the Spring Preview at Twin Valley High School in Elverson, PA. At the Morgantown exit of the PA turnpike.

Of course, there isn't the excitement of the mini corps show, (which I would've loved to have seen, had I not been onstage for a run through).

Hope to see a lot of the same guys plus Skyliners Alumni and Steel City! Anyone know what they have in store?

Maybe I'll sit on the soprano side this time and hear the other side of the corps that were in Harrisburg.

Is it true that Fran is the emcee for this event and he actually has a Hawaiian tux?

Also, has anyone seen the movie poster version of the "Blue Era" with the ships wheel as a space ship? Reminds me that when I was in the field corps we referred to the drummers as, "Klingons".

I made an error in the previous version of this post. There is no last minute entry, other than the last person to enter the auditorium. Sorry for any confusion. My fault, (I hate using, "my bad")

Edited by Martybucs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that Fran is the emcee for this event and he actually has a Hawaiian tux?

It would not surprise me if he did. B)

.....LOLOLOL.....not so Marty, but I will be playing several times.......sometimes even the right notes

I'm looking forward to just being there.......Mr. Ware runs a great show AND with Mr. Haring's Hawiian tux, madonna mia!!

(that's an old Penna Dutch saying.......)

Jimbalaya

Forgot to mention the date.

Spring Preview is May 12, 2007 and it's at 7:00 pm.

I think "Jimbalaya" is playing with everyone that night. :P

Yes, I am the emcee for the event.... but no Hawaiian tux.

Yet. :lolhit:

Barbara and I are very much looking forward to our day at Twin Valley on May 12.....great venue, terrific lineup of corps!

Fran

Fran your many fans and admirers will bemoan you not wearing the Don Ho memorial tux, but as you say, it's a great day to spend with friends who just happen to make music.......

Looking forward to seeing you and Barb

Jimbalaya

Yes, I am the emcee for the event.... but no Hawaiian tux.

Yet. :lolhit:

Barbara and I are very much looking forward to our day at Twin Valley on May 12.....great venue, terrific lineup of corps!

Fran

any hotels in the area?

for those of us coming from up north?

:doh:

Paging Tom Moore, public relations guru... :D

any hotels in the area?

for those of us coming from up north?

:doh:

There is a Holiday Inn very close to the school on Route 10, I believe, in Morgantown. It's at a furniture outlet mall right next to the turnpike. It's an OK place, has a bar and an indoor pool. McDonald's nearby. A few family restaurants in the area, lot's of antique stores, and a fairly new shopping center with a Walmart and the assorted stores and restaurants that come with that type of place on route 23, ( the road the school is on).

There may be more places, but the Holiday Inn leaps to mind.

clean is the best i'm hoping for this particular trip. it doesn't have to be the Plaza. :doh: