GCS (Def. not last)

Skyliners

Kilties

more that i can't think of

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilties entire corps = under rated EVERY year since the dawn of creation, in my opinion!

Kilties entire corps = under rated EVERY year since the dawn of creation, in my opinion!

Meh, not so much, but definitely last two years, esp. 05.

Meh, not so much, but definitely last two years, esp. 05.

????????????

????????????

Not all years have they been under-rated, like in 03 and other years i have heard them, their scores seemed right, in 05 I believe they got royally screwed.

Drumlines

GCS (Def. not last)

Skyliners

Kilties

more that i can't think of

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could comment on other lines but I don't get to hear many outside of cabs, brass, statesmen and buccs and those lines aren't what you could consider to be under-rated. I'm going to try to make it a point to hear some other lines this season. At least once.

PS if you liked '05 you're gonna love '07. I'll leave it at that B)

Thanks again

Thanks, Joe.

We have some good talent this year and hopefully we'll have a good showing in the DCA South Regional and Rochester. We will definitely have more shows under our belts to help hone our ensemble this year. We are planning to compete in five DCA-sanctioned shows before Rochester and one DCI show here in Houston.

What amazes me is that you guys think Kilties get screwed all the time, but whenever I see their performances, they are seriously lacking in visual difficulty...the guard book is usually pretty tame, and the guard is not as big a compliment as all the other corps in DCA have...also, the drill is not as demanding as most of the better corps in the circuit. Not saying that it's not CLEAN...it is...but as we all know, there are major points to be rewarded for difficulty/demand.

All Kilties need to do is adopt a more modern approach to their visual program/GE program, and they could be well on their way to climbing up the ranks.

That being said - I always enjoy Kilties' show. Their horn and drumlines are very well put together, in my opinion, and are usually pretty strong.

I guess nobody in Kilts wants to do 4 to 5's at 190 bpm...problems could 'arise'...

So until these points are looked at and implemented, the Kilts unfortunately won't have a shot at ever winning DCA. It's just the nature of the activity. PLEASE ALSO NOTE that in NO way am I attempting or inferring anything BAD about the Kilties....this is just obvious stuff, to me at least, that possibly some of you need to be aware of.

If it is within the Kilties mission statement to just plain out entertain audiences acros the country year after year, and not attempt to win it all, then they're fulfilling that mission all the way. Keep it up Kilts...DCA loves you!

What amazes me is that you guys think Kilties get screwed all the time, but whenever I see their performances, they are seriously lacking in visual difficulty...the guard book is usually pretty tame, and the guard is not as big a compliment as all the other corps in DCA have...also, the drill is not as demanding as most of the better corps in the circuit. Not saying that it's not CLEAN...it is...but as we all know, there are major points to be rewarded for difficulty/demand.

All Kilties need to do is adopt a more modern approach to their visual program/GE program, and they could be well on their way to climbing up the ranks.

That being said - I always enjoy Kilties' show. Their horn and drumlines are very well put together, in my opinion, and are usually pretty strong.

I guess nobody in Kilts wants to do 4 to 5's at 190 bpm...problems could 'arise'...

So until these points are looked at and implemented, the Kilts unfortunately won't have a shot at ever winning DCA. It's just the nature of the activity. PLEASE ALSO NOTE that in NO way am I attempting or inferring anything BAD about the Kilties....this is just obvious stuff, to me at least, that possibly some of you need to be aware of.

If it is within the Kilties mission statement to just plain out entertain audiences acros the country year after year, and not attempt to win it all, then they're fulfilling that mission all the way. Keep it up Kilts...DCA loves you!

Everything you said I agree with 100%. Unfortunately you probably will be flammed beyond belief for posting this. It's just the way it is.

Unfortunately you probably will be flammed beyond belief for posting this.

I know it was just a typo, but now I'm imagining a bunch of guys with drumsticks chasing bumo27 around trying to hit him on the head...