2007 Divisional Breakdown

Those listed below are what DCI has listed as going to Pasadena, CA for Championships. Looks to be pretty stacked for Div III and an open race for Div II! This is gonna be a great year! :wink:

Division III

Revolution

Impulse

VK

Memphis Sound

Spokane Thunder

Gold

Mystikal

Fever

Yokohama Scouts

Dutchboy

Citations

HYPE

Jester

Spirit of Newark/New Jersy

Racine Scouts

BDC

Division II

Spartans

BDB

SCVC

Jersey Surf

Teal Sound

Raiders

Oregon Crusaders

Now, who do you think will come out smoking for 2007 on this list of championship attendees?

Lets here your thoughts and lets make this a good discussion!

^0^

Edited by Jared315

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so Div I is down to 7 corps from 10 last year. Guess it means more Div III's make Grand Whatchamacallit. But still. :(

Edit: OK you missed Colt Cadets who I guess are not going to finals but still lost 2 in the overall head count.

Edited by WWonka

Fever is Div. 2

Fever is Div. 2

Cool. You guys moved up. Did you talk your girlfriend into marching with you guys this season? :P

yeah, i did. wasn't difficult to do at all. B)

our only concern has been getting the money, but i know we'll get there...

camp's in less than 3 weeks.... :wink:

Edited by Gbassman5

to be honest, you really don't know what division corps are until competition starts.

we all know how much Div. 2/3 numbers can fluctuate...

well the divisions have to be declared as of May 1st, so there is no more fluctuation from this season....however...DCI still doesn't have VK listed nor are the Yokohama Scouts, though both have declared intentions of coming out, so saying these are what DCI has listed is somewhat premature...I would assume they will break it all down soon.

btw: Mystikal...note the "K"

well the divisions have to be declared as of May 1st, so there is no more fluctuation from this season....however...DCI still doesn't have VK listed nor are the Yokohama Scouts, though both have declared intentions of coming out, so saying these are what DCI has listed is somewhat premature...I would assume they will break it all down soon.

btw: Mystikal...note the "K"

...that's not true at all. I don't think Impulse was bumped down to div III until sometime in June last year.

from dci.org:

Finally, the final date for declaring a division is May 1 of each

competitive season. “The May 1 deadline for declaring your division is simply based on logistics. If a corps does change divisions, it takes the office time to advise the show sponsors, the judges and the other corps participating in those events in regards to the new line up, step off times, etc.

“The May 1 date for this information now aligns with the participation agreement contract that each organization must sign and return to the DCI office by May 1,” (DCI’s Division II & III coordinator at the time J.W.) Koester said.

this came from the meetings in the fall of 2004 when the current membership numbers were also set. Read the whole article here

Edited by corps fan