CAROLINA GOLD

Forward into....2008

The Carolina Gold Board of Directors is pleased and excited to announce the appointment of Dwayne Barnes as the Carolina Gold Organizations 2008 Executive Director.

Mr. Barnes has been a member of Gold since 2002 and held the Executive Director position for the competitive corps during the 2004 and 2005 seasons. He was part of the administrative team that led Gold to their first DCA Finalist position in 2005.

Dwayne has vast experience in the musical arts activity. He spent 11 summers marching junior corps, he’s been a marching and visual instructor in Wake County, NC for over 15 years and has been the director of Carolina Visual Productions (CVP) winter guard for the past 20 years.

Over the past several months, the Carolina Gold Board of Directors has been implementing changes to make the corps infrastructure stronger. Gold Rush, Carolina Gold’s mini corps has a successful administrative team in place with alumnus Bob Glover, Blaine Britt and Brenda Gifford. With the 2007 season taking shape and in capable hands, the board is now focused on what is needed to move the entire organization forward into 2008.

Expect to hear more exciting news from the Carolina Gold Organization in the next few weeks as the “Return to Gold” campaign gets underway!

Congratulations Dwayne and Congratulations Carolina Gold.

The right man is on the job. I have known Dwayne for many years and I can guarantee that he will devote all his energies to the organization and to the successful return of the corps to a DCA Finalist. I can think of no one better to take over as Executive Director!!

Well Done.

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD SINCE SEPTEMBER!

GOOD FOR GOLD

HOORAY FOR DWAYNE

LOOK OUT EVERYONE ELSE! <insert evil laughter here> :P

PYRITE will make a return for 2008....It will be worth the drive!

See you at what will be the most anticipated Open House in History!

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Looking forward to hearing more from Gold.

Gold Rush should make the trip to Nashville this year to perform.There is already one or two mini corps that will be there.I would love to see what yall have been up too.