On Tour Gifts

There are a number of times this summer that I will be able to watch past students march in a show. In the past, I have always brought a little care package for them. Just looking for ideas from other people that have marched or do the same. Any suggestions as to something that would be cool to get during tour as a little suprise (besides cash of course).

Thanks for any help you all can give on this!

-Peace!

Blood sweat and tears.

Some things I've sent that were hits -- fresh white athletic socks, notes of encouragement, a few pre-stamped envelopes, granola bars for the bus box and my daughter's favorite -- Skittles.

You're so kind to think of your students. Your support is perhaps the greatest gift (but the Skittles are really good too!)

Edited by KeepOnFoodTruckin

Socks are great. There's nothing like putting on a brand new pair of socks halfway through tour.

Also, powdered gatorade is usually a nice gift. Sometimes corps stay at school where the water is less than tasty(sometimes it's even milky). Gatorade helps to mask the taste.

Something I personally enjoy is the most recent issue of Newsweek or Times, or something similar. I really enjoyed reading those every now and then after shows last summer, when we were traveling on the bus. It was nice to find out what was going on in "the world."

One of my techs from home brought me a new fluffy towel, some nice (negativity all edited out) internet reviews of our show, and $20. It was VERY appreciated.

What NOT to give them? A friend of mine who had no idea what tour was like and only knew that we traveled around a lot gave me a huge bag of modeling clay, glitter pens, and coloring books to use on the bus. It all ended up in the trash at the first rest stop.

Love the towel idea...the socks are already bought. Would they use a small basket of shower stuff (body soaps/scrubs) or it that a pain rather than a treat.

My cooking bites, so not gonna guarentee cookies. When you talk about powdered gatorade, like the small "tubs" of them like kool-aide comes in? Just trying to picture what it is.

Thanks for the great ideas!

I think just a restocking of body wash, lotion would be welcome. Cookies...heck a package of Oreos would probably go over great. Gatorade...yes I have bought the big tubs of it. Like somebody has said..helps cut the bad taste of water.

Gatorade and powerade for the busses!!! Many times at night you get really thirsty and want something to drink. Plus it restocks energy you may have lost. Socks are great......as are just simple letters checking up on people. Internet reviews are a fantastic idea too!!