SCV '07 preview

That was last year's line. I know a lot of people thought they were better last year, but to me, Moto Perpetuo was a step back from 05. 2005 was as Vanguard as it gets, they just didn't place as well. 2006 I just didn't feel like was Vanguard. They seemed to say "oh no, were doing something wrong, lets change everything", and by the time they were done it just didn't have that Vanguard feeling anymore. This year on the other hand, is back to the roots. They even said in the video that they decided to just find some awesome music and make a show. I think that's great. It shows that they focused on the musical aspect a lot more this year...which is their strong point. The visual is also coming along amazingly well.

Of course I mean no offense to the fine people in and affiliated with the corps. I'm pumped about this year. SCV is the home team, and I'm with y'all all the way, through thick and thin. We just all have our years we don't like as much. Y'know?

"We just all have our years we don't like as much. Y'know?"

Absolutely, to each their own, but I couldn't disagree more. I think last year was our best designed show since 1999. I absolutely loved it and thought it screamed Vanguard. With a few more horses that was a championship quality show IMO.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bored now ... The "Access Hollywood" analogy was spot on. The souvie infomercial was, umm, tedious. <**>

Bored now ... The "Access Hollywood" analogy was spot on. The souvie infomercial was, umm, tedious. <**>

Oh sure what were they thinking! Using media to try to generate some excitement for their souvies and thus revenue for the corps. /sarcasm :huh:

I love that drumline shirt and I will be buying it.