Texas' First DCA Competition

I don't know if Minnesota's cooler than Texas (it probably is), but this past two weeks has been hovering in the 90s, so don't bring your parkas.

I keep telling people it's not any worse here than in most parts of the country. The worst summer heat I've ever experienced on any drum corps tour was always in the plains states. Specifically Iowa and Kansas.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the weather in Texas lately, I'm thinking of moving to Seattle to get away from the rain.

Great Unis, Frontier! Are you going to be adding aussies like before, or shakos, or something else?

I think the idea is to go to Aussies. But, currently we have two mismatched sets of them without enough of either one for the entire corps to be outfitted.

Hey Brent and James,

I really like your new rotating Austin Star avatar!

Very Cool!

Thanks. I recently learned some of the wonders of povray. And have been tinkering for a couple days now. It's amazing what you can do with it with just a few lines of configuraion( < 100 ). If it wasn't for the trig math needed to calculate the coordinates of the star, I could probably get it down to ten lines of code.

I think the idea is to go to Aussies. But, currently we have two mismatched sets of them without enough of either one for the entire corps to be outfitted.

Aussies would look really cool. Almost Scouts-ish (old style of course).

Making this Kilties one was a bit more work. A little less math, but a lot more code. Although I probably did it the hard way, since I've only been using povray for about four days now. Anyway here's a potential Kilties avatar. I think a spinning sword might look a little cooler, but I'm not up to that much math today.

kilties.gifkilties2.gifkilties3.gifkilties4.gif

Edited to add more images. This one is based off of the avatar in use by WWBD. The third one being the closest match so far.

Edited by Shadow_7

Aussies would look really cool. Almost Scouts-ish (old style of course).

If we get the uniforms we want next year (fingers crossed) we'll be all navy blue from the feet up to the chest. (Yes, blue shoes!) The upper chest, shoulders and arms will be white (like Glassmen's old uniform from '98-'00) and we'll top it off with a white aussie with a tall white plume, white gloves and gauntlets. Simple but cool, clean and effective look. :worthy:

Edited by Mark Time

Making this Kilties one was a bit more work. A little less math, but a lot more code. Although I probably did it the hard way, since I've only been using povray for about four days now. Anyway here's a potential Kilties avatar. I think a spinning sword might look a little cooler, but I'm not up to that much math today.

kilties.gif

nice!