bones

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone see them in both an earlier show and a more recent show and able to compare the performances?

I saw them in Toledo and then last night at Giants stadium. To my eyes and ears they seemed better.

However, there still is a clear gap between them and the other corps--at least the corps at East Rutherford.

In my mind, the quintessential Crossmen corps is "in your face" and really aggressively sells their show. But, there is something a bit too controlled and laid back about this year's corps, particularly the horn line. They are playing the show, but not quite selling it. You have to lean in and really pay attention to hear what they are doing rather than have them force you to hear it. I was with a friend from Texas who had never been to a drum corps show and when I asked if he heard the "deep in the heart of Texas" part, he hadn't. That's something you want the crowd to notice. But, it's too subtle.

The performance is cleaner than Toledo, but not really better from a GE basis. They also still seem tired by the final moments of the show. But, not as tired as a week ago.

Old time Crossmen may remember this reference: "Where's Ghenghis when you need him?"

(others won't know what the hell I'm talking about)

and no i have no idea what youre talking about

Ghenghis takes no prisoners. When he comes to town, you hide your woman and children. He conquors all.

It's an old attitude we had.

I agree that you really have to listen in order to catch everything and its not just there in your face.

I'm hoping that once they are more comfortable with the show (have more endurance) that there will be a more powerful sound from the corps.

With that said, I saw their show 3 times this week and one run through, and have NO IDEA where the "deep in the heart" part is- I didn't even know it was in there until I just read it here.

The deep in the heart moment is right before the tpt solo high note and company front push in the opener. . .just an FYI.

I agree that you really have to listen in order to catch everything and its not just there in your face.

I'm hoping that once they are more comfortable with the show (have more endurance) that there will be a more powerful sound from the corps.

With that said, I saw their show 3 times this week and one run through, and have NO IDEA where the "deep in the heart" part is- I didn't even know it was in there until I just read it here.

I've seen the show several times and also missed the "deep in the heart" part, will look for it at Allentown on Sunday.

Hey kac I volunteered with you on the food truck Friday.

BackBeat

Edited by BackBeat

Looking at the recap for the last show, it appears that the Visual score popped up significantly compared to recent shows.

(Getting geeky: I performed some statistics (a correlation calculation called r-squared) on the scores so far and the total score is correlating highest to the visual score vs. any other caption.)

I don't know if they made any some changes visually or if this particular performance just fell in place for them. I do believe the visual show has great potential and, if performed well, can score them some points.

GE and Percussion also hit season highs in upstate NY.