Bridgemen Tournament of Stars Invitational

that person would be Mary Cerreta. :)

even though she's a Phillies fan i love marching next to her for part of the show. :laugh:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little off-topic, but a very pertinent message about the Buccaneers:

Walking past the Bucs as they came off the field in Bayonne this past Saturday reminded me of something that happened in Wildwood. I meant to acknowledge it here last week, but forgot to do it. So, better late, than never!

As the Cabs' Alumni drumline began to move as a block down the ramp of the service entrance into the Wildwood Convention Center last week, there were at least six or seven of the Reading Contras coming down out of the holding area. They had just finished their show and were heading out to relax. We began to plan how we would break into twos so we could squeeze to our right and pass them without a problem.

Much to our surprise and great pleasure, the Bucs' contras saw the developing problem and cleared the driveway for us to march by without breaking our formation. In addition, they stepped up onto the curb, and instead of continuing to thread their way along the curb and narrow sidewalk, turned and faced the roadway, pausing there almost as if to salute us as we marched past them. Several of us acknowledged them as we passed with a smile and a salute of our drumsticks for this gesture of respect.

I can't tell you how impressed we of the Cabs' Alumni drumline were by this small but very classy move on their part. Here were members of the DCA Champions giving way and standing aside to allow an alumni corps section pass uninterrupted. Truly a show of class and respect.

Gentlemen, on behalf of the Caballeros Alumni drummers, I thank you for your actions, and I salute you and your corps. Congratulations on your win in Wildwood and best wishes for a successful season.

that person would be Mary Cerreta. :)

even though she's a Phillies fan i love marching next to her for part of the show. :laugh:

You had BETTER love marching next to your Phillies fans since you are the middle of the Phillies sandwich!

Mary marched back in the day of St. Andrews, and I think that was her real uniform too!

You had BETTER love marching next to your Phillies fans since you are the middle of the Phillies sandwich!

Mary marched back in the day of St. Andrews, and I think that was her real uniform too!

Ugh!

A Mets fan, sandwiched by two Phillies fans! :doh:

A quarter of the Dirty Dozen is just SO misguided! :P

Now, I know what you're gonna say, but...

I'm not giving up on my Yankees, just yet!

And besides...

Our record since the early 1920s speaks for itself!!! :laugh:

Walking past the Bucs as they came off the field in Bayonne this past Saturday reminded me of something that happened in Wildwood. I meant to acknowledge it here last week, but forgot to do it. So, better late, than never!

As the Cabs' Alumni drumline began to move as a block down the ramp of the service entrance into the Wildwood Convention Center last week, there were at least six or seven of the Reading Contras coming down out of the holding area. They had just finished their show and were heading out to relax. We began to plan how we would break into twos so we could squeeze to our right and pass them without a problem.

Much to our surprise and great pleasure, the Bucs' contras saw the developing problem and cleared the driveway for us to march by without breaking our formation. In addition, they stepped up onto the curb, and instead of continuing to thread their way along the curb and narrow sidewalk, turned and faced the roadway, pausing there almost as if to salute us as we marched past them. Several of us acknowledged them as we passed with a smile and a salute of our drumsticks for this gesture of respect.

I can't tell you how impressed we of the Cabs' Alumni drumline were by this small but very classy move on their part. Here were members of the DCA Champions giving way and standing aside to allow an alumni corps section pass uninterrupted. Truly a show of class and respect.

Gentlemen, on behalf of the Caballeros Alumni drummers, I thank you for your actions, and I salute you and your corps. Congratulations on your win in Wildwood and best wishes for a successful season.

Very cool story, John!

I got goosebumps reading it!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim

Thank you for your kind words, John. They're appreciated.

And thanks for your always entertaining and inspiring performances!

IMHO the Reading Bucanneers are one of the all-time class acts, with a talent level to match.

I think what their "marching tuba" line did could be expected ( considering that one is a world

class expert in molecular biophysics ) :)

Go Girl - the red faced grey haired one is pulling for the THREEPEAT!

I love our tuba section. :huh:

Everything is fine in Reading.

Edited by TomMoore