Fueling a Drum Corps

I'm really enjoying all this "Oh let's blame it on California" stuff.

All these East coast corps having to travel for here, for One year.

What do you think BD and SCV spend every year going to finals on the East coast?

What about The Mandarins, or Pacific Crest, The Cascades, or The Blue Knights?

How about now the Troopers and Academy?

But I guess since they're from the West coast, it doesn't really matter does it?

Pacific Crest usually flys to finals anyways, but I agree with that. At least Indiana is somewhat central as far as all things go in 08.

And hey, at least Star of Indiana will save a whole lot of money driving home, right?...

....oh, wait

A $2500 fuel stop for a corps on the move is not unusual. Probably doesn't even fill up all the tanks. Fuel for a Div 1 tour is probably well upwards of $40K. Instead of MPG, think $PM to move the whole caravan.

I donated $10 to Southwind in Lexington. The rest of my money is going to them as dues when I meet up with them.

Not ragging on you, don't get me wrong, but after 35 years, Santa Clara and BD don't have to pay for an extra 2 to 3000 miles worth of fuel after finals. It's about time! It's a GREAT time to have finals in CA! :P

P.S. Awesome of you to contribute so much to the Scouts fuel budget. Remember folks, ANYTHING is helpful...

Actually, I don't think they're saving net anything ... Since they're already in the midwest, on their way to the east coast and will be coming back to CA. It will probably wind up being about the same.