Where is all this narration Coming From?

I guess this one is going out to all you old timers.

But down here in Florida, we never see naration in any high school show, and even then there is only 2 or 3 of them out there. And they don't make state finals. I really don't see, and it might just be me and the rest of Florida why we even need it.

Can someone please tell me, where or where are these bands that do the whole talking thing coming from

But down here in Florida, we never see naration in any high school show, and even then there is only 2 or 3 of them out there. And they don't make state finals. I really don't see, and it might just be me and the rest of Florida why we even need it.

Can someone please tell me, where or where are these bands that do the whole talking thing coming from

Tarpon Springs, one of the best bands in the country, always uses narration.

It is all over the place, like a virus without a cure. (Sorry, I could not resist. :P ) Look at the BOA circuit, for example...some use it, some do not. Those who do use it on a regular basis, like it is almost a trademark.

Yeah, thats all they use, and if they can they plug it through the stadium sound system

I've seen them at the Seminole Sound Spectacular competition for about the last 3 years. Their show always takes FOREVER to set up. They use SOOOO many props, lol. It always sucked sitting in the back stands because their props blocked everything from being seen.

I thought they have been using pre-recorded segments, not a live narrator.

I'm fairly certain that you have to use a live narrator in BOA events.

Electronic sampling/narration/amplification pretty prevalent with schools that have the money to afford it here in the Midwest.