Delmarva Minicorps

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go. How about these ideas? :)

Name: "Tri-State Diamonds"

Playing: (from Blue Rock) - Applachian Spring, Camptown Races, Baby Elephant Walk.

(from Yankee Rebels) - Waiting On The Robrt E Lee, Shanandoah, Battle Hymn.

(From Shanandoah Sound) - Lucretia McEvil, Go Down Gamblin'.

The "Tri-State" part of the name would tie in to what you are trying to do. The Diamonds because, I believe you will be working out of Delaware. (That and I do not believe a Corps useing the name Diamonds never has been used by a big time Corps before.)

The "DelMarVa, USA", instead of an actual town location, give you more versatility. (Then make sure that you are announced, and listed on programs and ad's as such. Remember you are indeed from a geographic place, not a City or State)

Those things would give you a ready made past (AKA - "Park City Pride") Then lets face it. If you get many experienced people they would be familier with that music. Most Mini Corps, Alumni Corps, and such will be most likely to let you do their stuff.

Then make your Corps Colors - Red, White, and Blue. (Since you are a multi Place, Multi Corps, type unit.

Tommy

(St. Lucy's Cadets, Golden Knights Sr., NYC Skyliners)

Ok, I've never heard of the diamond thing in Delaware...

As for the music, we would have to wait and see what type of group we're shooting for... every group has it's own flavor... but those are good choices that were mentioned.

As for the colors... Red, White, and Blue.... Again, I believe that to be a decision made in the future by the group after we've found an identity.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming!!!!

:P That's fair.

I wasn't trying to be almighty with that comment, but the first few founding members should (in my eyes) get to play the parts that they want.

On the MySpace, thing.

True not everyone has it, but perhaps since it is so easy to set up, anyone interested could set up a page as sort of a resume for you guys to look at to see where they would fit in and it would give them access to sign up.

A hotmail address with whatever corps name you will use is a good idea when you get a core group together.

A lot of browsers like AOL will let you set up a webpage, but I think MySpace is easier and anyone seriously interested would probably be willing to do that little thing.

You might want to put some feelers out on that OTHER message board - something to do with BANDS, I believe.

I think this is cool and I think you can do it.

Oh one more name. The bay area is famous for the people that fish the bay for crabs, clams, and such. They're called the Watermen and they pretty much live on the bay.

I wish I had the time to add one more group to my schedule, but I'd want some of those high notes. :)

On the MySpace, thing.

True not everyone has it, but perhaps since it is so easy to set up, anyone interested could set up a page as sort of a resume for you guys to look at to see where they would fit in and it would give them access to sign up.

A hotmail address with whatever corps name you will use is a good idea when you get a core group together.

A lot of browsers like AOL will let you set up a webpage, but I think MySpace is easier and anyone seriously interested would probably be willing to do that little thing.

You might want to put some feelers out on that OTHER message board - something to do with BANDS, I believe.

I think this is cool and I think you can do it.

Oh one more name. The bay area is famous for the people that fish the bay for crabs, clams, and such. They're called the Watermen and they pretty much live on the bay.

I wish I had the time to add one more group to my schedule, but I'd want some of those high notes. :)

Well, I set the myspace up, and the email is a good thing too once it gets going... Yeah, I'll probly head over to that :blink: band :doh: area and mention something...

Hey, you want high notes... that's why they made duets and trading solos not to mention... the bigger the group, the more people you need playin high notes!!!!

Well, I set the myspace up, and the email is a good thing too once it gets going... Yeah, I'll probly head over to that :worthy: band :doh: area and mention something...

Hey, you want high notes... that's why they made duets and trading solos not to mention... the bigger the group, the more people you need playin high notes!!!!

So don't keep the myspace a secret :)

Sounds like something I'd love to do, but I'm up near West Chester, PA. Crossmen Xtreme are about 15-20 minutes away so I might see if they need some sopranos if I can arrange my schedule.

I'm pullin' for you though. I have a friend that I marched with for many years that lives in Indian River, DE on the Summer Weekends and has a house there. He's a sop and really good. Also play along side him in our jazz band when he can make it. (works 3rd shift).

I'll let him know about your progress.

Mike, good job spreading the word.

Everyone that wants to see this one go, should give the posts a bump now and then.

Went to the MySpace page and that should work. Seems fishy, though :P

Right under the heading, when I visited, was a banner ad that read, "Want to meet gay men in the area?"

No offense to anyone, but ... no, never. ("not that there's anything wrong with that!")

Of course there was an ad for the Navy, too.

Edited by Martybucs