Problem Loading DCP

Why is Firefox and Internet Explorer preventing me from getting on to DCP?

No one wants to explain this to me?

I'd be happy to attempt an explanation ..... however, your initial post lacks a bit of detail and is a bit contradictory - as apparently, you have made connection to DCP.

Are you having problems from a specific location? (if so, please provide the public IP address you're using)

On a particular machine? (if so, what operating system and browser)

To the forums only ..... or to the entire domain ?

What did you change (different system, different IP address, different browser) to permit you to post your request here?

With a bit more information, we can provide you with a place to start looking for a resolution.

-john

I'd be happy to attempt an explanation ..... however, your initial post lacks a bit of detail and is a bit contradictory - as apparently, you have made connection to DCP.

Are you having problems from a specific location? (if so, please provide the public IP address you're using)

On a particular machine? (if so, what operating system and browser)

To the forums only ..... or to the entire domain ?

What did you change (different system, different IP address, different browser) to permit you to post your request here?

With a bit more information, we can provide you with a place to start looking for a resolution.

-john

1. I was able to get a connection to DCP using my AOL browser instead.

2. I don't know my IP address, but yes, it's from a specific location.

3. Entire domain.

It happens every few days. Right now I am able to connect using Firefox.

It sounds like a DNS issue.

Try adding an additional DNS server to your list (IP Properties / Network Settings)

Use: 206.13.28.12 - which is in the AT&T network.

I was also unable to get to DCP for almost 24 hrs. I could get to any other site I wanted, but not DCP. I also tried firefox, but that didn't work either. Any idea why???? Extremley frustrating :sshh:

I was also unable to get to DCP for almost 24 hrs. I could get to any other site I wanted, but not DCP. I also tried firefox, but that didn't work either. Any idea why???? Extremley frustrating :sshh:

Please see the note immediately above your's. Some internet service providers seem to 'lose' the DNS listing for our site. However, the SBC/AT&T DNS has been rock-solid over the past 2 years for me.

We're looking at adding another DNS server to our network ... but for now, the solution above should work just fine to solve this issue.

-john

Please see the note immediately above your's. Some internet service providers seem to 'lose' the DNS listing for our site. However, the SBC/AT&T DNS has been rock-solid over the past 2 years for me.

We're looking at adding another DNS server to our network ... but for now, the solution above should work just fine to solve this issue.

-john

Thanks - however, I am kind of computer challenged. How would I add an additional DNS server?

Thanks - however, I am kind of computer challenged. How would I add an additional DNS server?

In general, the DNS servers the system uses is defined in the TCP/IP section of Network Settings. Specific instructions will be difficult without knowing exactly which operating system and version you're using ... and your network configuration (locally defined IP or DHCP controlled). If your DNS is set via DHCP on the cable/DSL modem ... you'd need to make the change in that device.

Perhaps a local 'guru' could help you thru this bit of technical maze.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's been having this issue. I, too, determined this to be a DNS issue with my home ISP so I ended up adding the IP address of DCP (64.38.28.150) to my local HOSTS file. That way I'm completely bypassing DNS altogether for this site which also makes for a faster load since I'm not having to wait for a DNS response.