Anaheim Kingsmen Battery Auditions on March 15

Things are really heating up in the Kingsmen organization. A flyer for "Battery Auditions" was recently posted at http://www.xkingsmen.com.

Also: our first Kamp is this weekend in Valencia, CA. If you are interested, please stop by! There will be drill dots handed out this weekend.

SPECTEMUR AGENDO

Edited by scv guy

...............compeditive DCI corps in 2009? :blink:

rut roh!?!

DCA and DCI

I thought it was going to be an all-age compeditive corps?

All Age groups must compete in/at DCI shows in California. How ever I eblieve they use DCA score sheets for the DCA groups.

That is how things are till DCA builds a real DCA West like DCA South or DCA Centeral.

All Age groups must compete in/at DCI shows in California. How ever I eblieve they use DCA score sheets for the DCA groups.

That is how things are till DCA builds a real DCA West like DCA South or DCA Centeral.

But the ad said "Junior DCI Corps."

Edited by jdostie

KACLongBeach0807CLR071jpg.jpg]

KAC snare line at Veterans Stadium Long Beach, CA

I thought it was going to be an all-age compeditive corps?

I know it's confusing, and a lot of the info here is new, but there are actually 3 entities in the Kingsmen organization:

The Kingsmen All Age Drum and Bugle Corps is the all-age competitive corps. Performing in exhibition in 2008 and competition in 2009 and beyond. The hope is that the younger members of the all-age corps in '08 will feed into the StarCorps the following year. From the Corps Director Peter Baird, "The Kingsmen will incorporate the young men and women who will form the nucleus of Starcorps in 2009, and we will march in exhibition." A benefit of this is to start the StarCorps with members already indoctrinated into the ways of the Kingsmen.

The Kingsmen StarCorps will be the junior corps performing in competition beginning in 2009. The organization is driven to put out a championship drum corps out of the gates.

The Kingsmen Alumni Corps is the remainder of the members in the organization. The KAC continues on so that Kingsmen alums can still perform without competing (stand-stills and the like). Anyone that marched at the Rose Bowl and has a uniform is eligible.

By the way, I have recently learned that the flyer above is targeted at high school and college students. The drum line this year aims to have a lot of younger members. I can't wait to see some of these young lions in action! Hope to see all interested members at this weekend's first camp. We need as many folks as possible as we build towards our DCI evaluation at second camp.

We are pumped to put out a great drum corps this year. Check this out:

"My vision is for a healthy, vigorous competitive corps that works hand in hand with the other California All-Age corps in furthering this renaissance of drum corps we see around us. But some things will never change. Parade Rest will always be accompanied by a buckle smack. The Guard will always make spectators' jaws drop. The battery will always make kids say "I want to do that!". Climb on. This is the start of something that will, for many years to come, touch thousands and thousands of people for the better.

Spectemur Agendo"

KACLongBeach0807CLR096jpg.jpg