Zydeco CG inactive for 2010

ZydecoWorld

(press release for WGI/DCP websites...)

Zydeco Colorguard (Dayton, OH) regretfully announces their inactive status for the 2010 season.

The decision for Zydeco to take a season off was not an easy one to make; however the director and administrative board felt it necessary to ensure the long-term vitality of the organization. They believe this decision best serves the interests of Zydeco at the present time; and all involved are committed to Zydeco’s return to the competitive arena in 2011.

Byron Valentine, director of Zydeco says: “our growth over the past three seasons has been pretty tremendous. No one on the administrative staff - especially myself - were prepared to be where we are competitively when the decision to field a unit was made back in 2007. We honestly just need a year to evaluate, make sure that we are able to keep doing what we're doing (financially) and most importantly - ensure the best decisions are being made to keep Zydeco running successfully for the long term. This includes problem-solving the financial strains that have been placed on us by being in the Independent World class as a fairly novice unit. Like many other units, we are not sponsored by a drum corps, bingo hall, or individuals with deep pockets. In the current economic climate we have found ourselves pushed to the limit when it comes to financing the colorguard. Taking a year off will allow us the necessary time to research answers to this problem; as well as take in a much needed breath from the amazing whirlwind the past three seasons have been.

I, along with Zydeco’s administrative staff and design team thank everyone for their support. We look forward to coming back out in full swing and providing another unique, energetic and compelling production in 2011!”

(To my DCP friends and supporters:)

Thanks for your support and everything else. You are the best...see you in the stands! :tongue:

~Byron

Byron,

Although this announcement is disheartening, we at CGP understand and appreciate your decision. You've always been a positive presence here and we hope to continue to see you on here!

Looking forward to Zydeco 2011!

So SAD! :(

They were one of my fav guards this year!!

AND last year!

Such a great style that will be missed :(

Hope to see you all in 2010 after a well deserved rest :)

All of us in Boton will be rooting for you