3 replies to this topic

#1 LSU GRAD 82

LSU GRAD 82

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'm having trouble trying to upload a photo for my avatar. I keep getting "the file type you're trying to uplaod is not allowed." The photo I want to use is saved on my computer desktop and on a photobucket account.

Can anybody here help me with this? Respond to either the board here or PM me at williammax@cox.net

L.S.U. "Golden Band from Tigerland" 1974/76-82, Basketball Band 1980-81, Alumni Band 1990-2013
Baton Rouge Caledonian Pipes and Drums, Baton Rouge LA  2012, 2013, 2014 (Bass)
Kilts of Many Colors, Mandeville LA  2013 (Snare)

Santa Rosa Pipes and Drums Santa Rosa County FL  2012 (Snare)
McGuires Pipe Band Pensacola FL  2012 (Snare)

#2 JohnD

JohnD

DCP Fanatic

• DCP Community Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm having trouble trying to upload a photo for my avatar. I keep getting "the file type you're trying to uplaod is not allowed." The photo I want to use is saved on my computer desktop and on a photobucket account.

Can anybody here help me with this? Respond to either the board here or PM me at williammax@cox.net

Your message didn't indicate what type file you're trying to upload, the dimensions, or filesize, so here are the limits defined in the system:

File Types: gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Maximum Dimensions: 100px x 100px
Maximum file size: 15k

Avatars, unlike images included in a post, are typically uploaded to the server and stored. All other images are referenced by a link to an external location.

-john
=====================================
John M Donovan
Managing Partner
DCP Partners, LLC

Suonare il clacson

"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." - Albert Einstein
"I love country music" - T-Shirt seen at DCA this year.

#3 LSU GRAD 82

LSU GRAD 82

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Your message didn't indicate what type file you're trying to upload, the dimensions, or filesize, so here are the limits defined in the system:

File Types: gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Maximum Dimensions: 100px x 100px
Maximum file size: 15k

Avatars, unlike images included in a post, are typically uploaded to the server and stored. All other images are referenced by a link to an external location.-john

The images are small jpg's on photobucket. Will have to talk me through the steps by e-mail or phone and even then my computer may not be able to handle it............

L.S.U. "Golden Band from Tigerland" 1974/76-82, Basketball Band 1980-81, Alumni Band 1990-2013
Baton Rouge Caledonian Pipes and Drums, Baton Rouge LA  2012, 2013, 2014 (Bass)
Kilts of Many Colors, Mandeville LA  2013 (Snare)

Santa Rosa Pipes and Drums Santa Rosa County FL  2012 (Snare)
McGuires Pipe Band Pensacola FL  2012 (Snare)

#4 Lance

Lance

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

The easiest way to upload an avatar pic is to upload it directly from your computer.

1) Make sure your avatar image is no larger than 100X100 pixels
2) Make sure your avatar image is no larger than 15 KB in size
3) Make sure your avatar image is one of the following formats: gif,jpeg,jpg,png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) After you have made sure all 3 of the above criteria are met, save the image to a location on your computer.
5) In your DCP profile, go to "Change Avatar"
6) Select "Choose File"
7) Find your avatar pic on your computer and click "Open"
8) Click "Save Changes" in your DCP profile

If you have trouble with making sure 1-3 are met, you can give me the link to the pic you want to use on photobucket. I can edit it and send it to you. Just let me know.

Edited by Lance, 21 June 2012 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.