Will Crown catch Blue Devils?

168 members have voted

1. 1. Looks like a "Two Horse Race;" who will it be?

• Blue Devils
    • Carolina Crown

My heart (obviously) is at BD and I'm going to root for them til the end. But I would never, ever underestimate Carolina Crown and what they are capable of and I don't think BD will, either. I say bring it on, both of them, and if these two are meant to battle it out, so be it. After all, this level of competition and drive is what the kids pay for, and what the staff is paid to do, right? Two very different shows, from opposing coasts, fighting this out. This will, undoubtedly, make everyone involved better people no matter what happens.

thumbup.gif I love it!!

I nominate this as one of the best posts of the summer.

I am sure all Blue Devils fans would be happy to be on THIS side of a .05 spread this time. Actually, wasn't it .025 in 2008?

Yeah, I think you're right Tim. .025.

By the way, those are some of my favorite BD years that you marched!

I am quite surprised to see JJ put Crown over BD tonight. He had them in 7th last week. Just one step closer to the complete package needed to win. They are going to have to have one helluva visual panel to win....or just get cleaner.

My understanding of how Mr. Pipitone does business is a simple formula really. He judges your performance that night. Feedback is given and clearly he remembers the previous performances where he judged your show and if you don't fix it, he rips you to shreads. One of the few judges in the activity that doesn't succumb to worrying about a number. He cares about the performance that night he looks at you.

Thank you JJ

• Like 1

I think they deserved the win, I just think their effect was prized more highly than cleanliness. I still think the Cadets winning visual performance is the biggest DCI judging error in recent history. Then again, I'm not a judge, just calling it how I see it.

Hm, the thing is, all 3 judges finals week gave visual performance to Cadets, as did a 4th judge the weekend before at the Giants show. Cadets clearly didn't have the best guard or drumline, but they were top 2 or 3 in both. Cadets beat BD in brass all 3 nights (0.1 behind Crown all nights), won music ensemble all 3 nights, and won or tied the total music score 2 of the 3 nights.

As for the topic, my gut tells me Devils win this by about a point.

• Like 1