A "Muthas" Day Memory

It had to be 1967 or 1968 (forgive me - it's 42 years ago). "The Evening With The Corps" which had made its way first North from Carnegie Hall to Madison Square Garden had now taken the Path Train West to Broad Street In Neward NJ at Symphony Hall.

Walking from where we parked the car (Legionnaires' Drum guru Ralph Parkhill's cadillac - we were too young to drive) we passed a local church.

Outside was a large sign stating, "Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Come by, you muthas"

Left an impression...

It had to be 1967 or 1968 (forgive me - it's 42 years ago). "The Evening With The Corps" which had made its way first North from Carnegie Hall to Madison Square Garden had now taken the Path Train West to Broad Street In Neward NJ at Symphony Hall.

Walking from where we parked the car (Legionnaires' Drum guru Ralph Parkhill's cadillac - we were too young to drive) we passed a local church.

Outside was a large sign stating, "Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Come by, you muthas"

Left an impression...

HAHA ... like Winky used to preach: "no rehearsal next Sunday ... it's Mudder's Day ... and everbody's gotta Mudder" ...

Andy "I miss Winky - and my Mudder is about to turn 96 ..." Lisko

HAHA ... like Winky used to preach: "no rehearsal next Sunday ... it's Mudder's Day ... and everbody's gotta Mudder" ...

Andy "I miss Winky - and my Mudder is about to turn 96 ..." Lisko

And Winky was a bit of a mutha himself, as was his successor Butch.

Don't anyone get offended - that's said with afffection mixed with admiration and I don't think either of them would disagree.

And Winky was a bit of a mutha himself, as was his successor Butch.

Don't anyone get offended - that's said with afffection mixed with admiration and I don't think either of them would disagree.

Ya gotta be a bit of a mutha (sometimes) to be a DM! :blink:

It was great seeing you yesterday, Ray! Really glad that you were able to be there!

Next time under much better circumstances, OK?

...Jim

Andy, I remember Winky would come back to help DM Sky in the early '80's, I liked watching him- energy poppnig everywhere off of him when he'd warm Sky up. And I liked Butch, too. The right guy in the right place. He was perfect right where he was. That simple.

Even competing against you guys, I liked those two a ton- great guys, good people. :blink:

Ya gotta be a bit of a mutha (sometimes) to be a DM! :blink:

It was great seeing you yesterday, Ray! Really glad that you were able to be there!

Next time under much better circumstances, OK?

...Jim

Amen Brother...

Got home at 10...haven't been this stiff since I gave up drinking in 1976...

What a sad, happy, sad day...

Amen Brother...

Got home at 10...haven't been this stiff since I gave up drinking in 1976...

What a sad, happy, sad day...

Hymm to the last whale was amazing ..... after getting home hit my couch with a thud. Yes that was NOT an earthquake in western PA.