DeKalb, IL

I would like to see a major focus show return to DeKalb, IL.

With Indy being the home for finals, it seems like the weekend prior to Finals week, a a focus show in DeKalb and perhaps another in Ohio, would be a perfect prelude for Championship Week.

Those of you who have ever attended a show in DeKalb already know what I'm talking about. Easy to get to, great parking, plenty of room for corps, coorperative local businesses and generally a great drum corps stadium.

In short..I miss shows in DeKalb.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would send a message to the username: "Brent". It's my understanding Brent has remained in contact with the City of Dekalb and the Festival Chair. I understand they're ACHING to have drum corps back in their city. Maybe the two of you can hook up and make something happen :)

I would send a message to the username: "Brent". It's my understanding Brent has remained in contact with the City of Dekalb and the Festival Chair. I understand they're ACHING to have drum corps back in their city. Maybe the two of you can hook up and make something happen :)

Does anyone know whether Sue is still in charge of DCI events? She would be the point person from DCI I would imagine. The DCI website does not list any staff contacts at all.

My first drum corps show was 2004, at Dekalb. Ironically it was their last show. :(

Does anyone know whether Sue is still in charge of DCI events? She would be the point person from DCI I would imagine. The DCI website does not list any staff contacts at all.

I believe Sue K. is still the proper contact. If not ... she's the point person for most of the even coordination and will direct you to the proper person.

Sue K. is definitely the contact person for most DCI things. She is one of the most helpful when it comes to anything.

In regards to a DeKalb show, I talked with a gentleman in Rockford who identified himself as the Vice President of DCM (I aplogize for forgetting your name--and yes, there is still a DCM for those wondering). I asked him if it would at all be possible for them just to sponsor a show in DeKalb. They wouldn't even have to call it the Drum Corps Midwest Championship. I imagine if you turn your paperwork in early enough you could get a nice draw from the DCI scheduling dept. However, I am not an expert by any means when it comes to who DCI does it schedules and such. I just know I too miss drum corps in DeKalb.

Dig it. DCI once had the DCI WEST champeenships at Huskie. Aside from Whitewater, it's the most atmospheric drum corps location in the Midwest. (Better seating too.) Now that they've made stadium upgrades and the popular-opinion statute of limitations on the Binkowski insanity has run its course, how could DCI lose with this location, even for a non-regional show?

Tom,

I agree. Through the 90's and into the new millenium the DeKalb show was one of my favorites for a number of reasons. It's too good of a venue not to have a show every summer.

I was thinking about DeKalb earlier today.......then I went online and ordered a ticket to the Cavies show in Naperville. It's not DeKalb but it will ease the withdrawal.

What I am guessing is going to happen:

Atlanta (two weeks before finals)

Allentown (one week before finals)

Indy (finals)