DCI Pasadena 2007 corps practice locations

Actually is not that bad because they can take Hwy 71 which goes Northwest from Corona towards San Dimas and there's no traffic at all on the entire segment which is about 17 miles. Even during rush hour it can take an hour or so to Pasadena from Corona because of the carpool lanes from San Dimas to Pasadena.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=10&om=0

For Phantom...yikes. Once they leave OC there's no carpool lanes and the I-5 fwy goes from 6 lanes on each side to 3 at La Mirada. From there, it's another 30 miles to go.

Am I safe playing the Mountains Meadows golf course which looks likes it is east of San Dimas and west of North Pomona near Bonelli Regional Park? And how long from there to the stadium if I would like to arrive at the Rose Bowl an hour before the show on Thursday or Friday? Thanks

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom has a nice area to wonder around. There's a coffee shop, Grocery store, Ice cream shop, Claim Jumper across the street. There's Lake Mission Viejo about 5 min away (in a car). They're far from Pasadena but they're in yuppie OC.

Phantom has a nice area to wonder around. There's a coffee shop, Grocery store, Ice cream shop, Claim Jumper across the street. There's Lake Mission Viejo about 5 min away (in a car). They're far from Pasadena but they're in yuppie OC.

Phantom has a very nice AND SAFE area (my 'hood) to hang out in. It doesn't get too hot during the day and as soon as the sun starts to set it really cools off with a nice breeze.

If they want to do the beach, just RSM to Alicia to Crown Valley to PCH and you're in south Laguna. Take a left and you can do Dana Point. A right and you'll do Laguna. Keep going and hit Corona Del Mar and Newport. San Juan Capistrano is just a few exits down the 5.

Edited by Scout

Boston Crusaders housing location. Just added to their website at crusaders.com

The corps will be staying at:

Peary Middle School

1414 West Gardena Blvd

Gardena, CA 90247

Thanks for the info. Confirmed with the crusaders web site.

Be careful in this area. Not sure about this neighborhood. In Gardena, there are some very nice neighborhoods and some borderline gang areas. Artesia Blvd. to the south is good. A great peruvian restaurant, Pollo Inka (one of my customers), is at the corner of normandie and artesia. 4 blocks south of the school. Fantastic rotisserie chicken.

At least Boston will have cool weather there to practice in. Only about 10 miles from the ocean.

Pee Wee: this is close to you. Do you know this neighborhood?

Edited by 27Socal

Am I safe playing the Mountains Meadows golf course which looks likes it is east of San Dimas and west of North Pomona near Bonelli Regional Park? And how long from there to the stadium if I would like to arrive at the Rose Bowl an hour before the show on Thursday or Friday? Thanks

About 45 minutes non rush hour. 1.5 to 2 hrs during rush hour or an accident. The 210 fwy can get pretty backed up, especially as you get close to Pasadena.

This is normally a very nice area. There was a golf course in this area that got busted for prostitution a few months ago. This might be the one. They closed the course for a private group. They had tents on the course with strippers and hookers servicing the golfers during their rounds. I think a helicopter saw it and called the police. Pretty funny, it was on all the news out here. You might be in for a very memorable round of golf.

Edited by 27Socal

Boston Crusaders housing location. Just added to their website at crusaders.com

The corps will be staying at:

Peary Middle School

1414 West Gardena Blvd

Gardena, CA 90247

Not really a good neighborhood. With all the schools in Pasadena and along the foothills going east, I'm suprised some of the corps have to stay so far away from the Rose Bowl?

Latest corps housing situation for Pasadena:

"Nothing yet, but we are not the only corps in this position. DCI has had some huge problems from what it appears. I spoke with XXX, from YYY today and there are 10-12 corps without housing. The possibility of hotels has started to come up. DCI would cover and then they would have to find us some practice fields.

I will let you know something ASAP.

Thanks, ZZZ"

I can't say who it's from, because I don't have their permission. But, it's a very reliable source.

Edited by 27Socal