Don't write them off yet...

Many had written them off when they appeared too low to make semifinals. If things continue at the rate they are, we will see them at finals, without a doubt!

Go get 'em boys!!! :worthy: B) :rock:

I noticed that the other day. Quite an increase in score from the first few shows.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals is a longshot at best. A DCI finals with Madison is highly incomplete in my mind, but lets be realistic, after last night's Cali shows, Madison is out of the semis. That doesn't mean they are down for the count but they are now many points behind:

Blue Stars, Academy, Crossmen, PC, Mandarins (all scoring in the mid to upper 70s).

Madison can catch a few of these, but passing 5 corps that are 3-5 points ahead of you is next to impossible (by the way there is less than 3 weeks left).

Academy seems like they are kicking for middle top 12 now. Sheez. Yeah Arizona.

DW

I hear Bob Barker is looking for a job...and we'd definitely know if he was alive on tour!

Now, concerning the Scouts' last couple of scores, they are making some progress.

I'm still wondering why they have Troopers buried so far down. What do they have to do besides reorganize the whole corps, recruit like mad people, and bring out their biggest group in at least a decade?

Garry in Vegas

From watching the Troopers from K-zoo to Georgia, I didn't see a lot of improvement. I wish them the best and hope things click in for them. Sometimes, it happens that way. Plateau then jump.

About the Scouts. I really don't care what the score is, TB. I'm just glad the corps is better and if they can become consistent and confident in the visual changes, the scores will follow.

Merged "For all you Scouts naysayers" topic into this one.

Finals is a longshot at best. A DCI finals with Madison is highly incomplete in my mind, but lets be realistic, after last night's Cali shows, Madison is out of the semis. That doesn't mean they are down for the count but they are now many points behind:

Blue Stars, Academy, Crossmen, PC, Mandarins (all scoring in the mid to upper 70s).

Madison can catch a few of these, but passing 5 corps that are 3-5 points ahead of you is next to impossible (by the way there is less than 3 weeks left).

Academy seems like they are kicking for middle top 12 now. Sheez. Yeah Arizona.

DW

By the way, there are currently more than 3 weeks left in the season. On Thursday of this week, there will be exactly 3 weeks left until QuarterFinals.

Academy has had early success, but I'm holding off my finalist prediction for them until they go head to head with everyone.

Madison has rebounded well after a very shaky start. I'm sure many questions will be asked and answered after this season and their will be a lessons learned session in Madison and I believe they will go into 2008 in better shape than they did in 2007. It's all part of learning.

Now the warmup (not judged) is the opener (judged) and the ending is switched. Other changes to drill have been made as well. Reports from tour sound very positive from the members. This is crucial to their current success. It also shows a great deal about this staff being able to hold the team together during the early missteps. Now is the time when all of that effort pays off.

What I am concerned about is the retention of membership and their 2008 audition plans. This used to be an activity with some downtime after the season and until the next season begins. This appears to no longer be the case for many corps seeking the top of DCI. I believe strengthening the audtion numbers for 2008 will be the next critical juncture for this organization.

Many had written them off when they appeared too low to make semifinals. If things continue at the rate they are, we will see them at finals, without a doubt!

Go get 'em boys!!! :rolleyes: B) :beer:

Hey MJN, I really like the montage of Madison. It has found a resting place a background on my computer. We may have met, by the way. I was a Panther Pilot '94-'03.

Hey MJN, I really like the montage of Madison. It has found a resting place a background on my computer. We may have met, by the way. I was a Panther Pilot '94-'03.

What's a Panther Pilot??

Thanks - I really enjoyed putting it together. I also made one for my bro, (acn). Panther Pilot?? I'm not sure I follow.

I think Panther Pilot is one of those things that those in the know, already know. B)

Basically, it means he was a driver for the Madison Scouts.

Thanks for clarification. I'm not an official alum. I tried out and made the snareline in 1991, but ended up deciding not to march (long story). Still have some great friends in the organization though ^OO^