Traberse City Review?

Hey there...

Can't give a fair/balanced review (being a corps director, I'm inclined not to even try)...

However, this was a fun show and the fans in attendance were awesome! The four corps that performed (Capital Sound, HYPE, Racine Scouts, and Chops, Inc.) were all received quite warmly...actually, extremely enthusiastically by the crowd of about 400.

Originally, Blue Saints were scheduled to perform but, due to membership issues, they withdrew (hope to have them back soon).

Racine Scouts performed first with their 80th Anniversary Show and this show, indeed, gets better and better everytime they go out. They have some recent member additions that have really energized them...and, they should do well in Pasadena.

HYPE came out with a show based on the "dark side of Oz." This is also a fun show, and their percussion is their strongest caption. The crowd really dug their presentation, and they should also do well in SoCal.

Chops, Inc presented their version of Wicked (funny that two of the four shows were Wizard of Oz variations). From the moment they entered the stadium they were entertaining and provoking laughs and applause from the crowd. Simply fun, guys...best of luck at DCA.

Capital Sound...OK, I'm biased here. Suffice it to say that our kids had a good run this evening and the crowd response was the best I've heard since the days when I marched in the 80's. And, no, I cannot give a fair review of our show...but I wanted to submit a contribution as I hadn't seen a response to this thread...

Thanks for speaking up, Marc. Bias or not, it's still good to hear an outside opinion on the performance.

...funny that two of the four shows were Wizard of Oz variations...

And there was a high school playing music from the Wizard of Oz in the parade the next day. Funny indeed.