History being made.

Hey Kevin - Tell you a secret... There's no bigger fan than the KAC snareline, and we've secretly admired them too. Brenda and all the ladies have done exactly what we set out to do, remind everyone why the Kingsmen were great, and I'm lucky and proud to count many of them as friends.

...and I love snapping my left to the rear in front of you guys at the beginning of Tull :whistle::blink::whistle: The drumline rocks!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between being a fan of the flag line, rifle section, percussion battery, the pit and my homies in the Bari line....oh heck! I'm just a total KAC raving mad fanatic.

I watched this grow from the beginning and, although I knew it would be Kingsmen good, I wasn't prepared entirely for the pictures of 7/14.....there so much rich iconography there. And it's not even semi-finals night yet!

I repeat my statement from Kamp Kingsmen last year: "This just keeps getting better and better!"

RON HOUSLEY

Looking at these photos, I'm reminded of how much I miss "the look" . . . especially in the guard. Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. I don't say that to demean what guards do today; it's no better or worse in most ways, just different. But that business of looking right through you was so intimidating and so intrinsic to that particular style of color guard. Call me a dinosaur, but I miss it.

To all our friends from the 27th Lancers Alumni Corps, it's in large part because of you, that the Kingsmen Alumni Corps is on the field today. Way back in June of 2005, we had a little reunion at which we watched a DVD of your "Once More in '94" performance at DCI. There wasn't a dry eye in the room, and we pretty much at that point said, "we can do this too". So, for your inspiration, I say, Thank You!

After looking at all these pictures again and reading all the great comments, I'm ready to go out and practice again tonight. I'll just ignore the pain in my hands and shoulders and do some runthroughs after work!!!

...and Dale you look great for 53 and I'm not too bad for 51!!!!!

*getting out the Icy/Hot and preparing for another sleepless night*

Yes dear... :blink:

And by the look of it, the kicker of your ### when you misbehave!!!

B)

Mike,

Is that who I believe it is??? Karin Olson's sister, Vickie???

Yes ma'am...yes it is!!!!

Sandy? How the heck are yea doing?

Can you believe it...she married me. Imagine this small town boy, getting lucky enough...oh, wrong script.

B)

To all our friends from the 27th Lancers Alumni Corps, it's in large part because of you, that the Kingsmen Alumni Corps is on the field today. Way back in June of 2005, we had a little reunion at which we watched a DVD of your "Once More in '94" performance at DCI. There wasn't a dry eye in the room, and we pretty much at that point said, "we can do this too". So, for your inspiration, I say, Thank You!

Awww, pretty neat! That 27th Lancers performance was incredibly inspirational, and certainly set the standard for all who followed.

Awww, pretty neat! That 27th Lancers performance was incredibly inspirational, and certainly set the standard for all who followed.

We loved 27th Lancers rifle line.........we tried to spin while lying on the ground but the getting up part got in the way :blink: It's a real boost to read how much everyone is enjoying our efforts-- seems our style still has an audience. Decades ago I was lucky enough to march rifle in VK, Kingsmen and Blue Devils. There's magic in those Kingsmen uniforms and it shines through in this amazing group of 24 Blue Steel, through and through, ladies. If Kingsmen cried you would have seen a lot of tears running down their faces.

Brenda

Between being a fan of the flag line, rifle section, percussion battery, the pit and my homies in the Bari line....oh heck! I'm just a total KAC raving mad fanatic.

I watched this grow from the beginning and, although I knew it would be Kingsmen good, I wasn't prepared entirely for the pictures of 7/14.....there so much rich iconography there. And it's not even semi-finals night yet!

I repeat my statement from Kamp Kingsmen last year: "This just keeps getting better and better!"

RON HOUSLEY

Why oh why did I first read it as "hornies in the Bari line"?

Nancy

Edited by neholgate