Blue Devils Show Title

If I were announcing it, I'd totally throw in the Ed.

Me too. Ever since BD announced the show I have been saying it (well reading it) wing-ed. I was disappointed to hear Brandt say "wingd".

I've always been under the impression that there's an emphasis on the "ed" in winged; see also "striped."

I just watched the Blue Devils video from Atlanta, and one thing bothered me, I know it's minor, but I think it would be way better if Brandt announced the title emphasizing the "ed" of Winged. Does anyone know how the BD staff / members are saying it?

Because I love you all and give, give, give of myself to make your viewing and listening experience of drum corps akin to a gift from heaven, I searched out Wayne Downey in San Antonio and had the following exchange.

"Wayne, there has been a topic of conversion on Drum Corps Planet...and I'm not kidding you here...on how the title of your show should be pronounced."

"What's there to...what?"

"There's a thread about if the word is pronounced 'Winged' as if one syllable, or rather, a dipthong, or 'Wing-ed,' as in two distinct syllables with and 'ed' at the end."

"Oh, for...People are really talking about that?"

"Yes, and they were wondering what the Blue Devils staff calls it."

"'Winged.' I've never heard it pronounced 'Wing-ed.'"

"Are you willing to go on record with this important tidbit?"

(Laughter) "Yes. You can quote me."

And there you have it.

Mike (Remember...it's because I love all of you.)

Wasn't it pronounced Wing-ed at San Antonio?

The announcer didn't have the same conversation with Wayne Downey that I had. :)

I like Wing-ed Victory better. Does it really matter though? If they stay consistent with their scores, they may have to drop the "Winged" and just go with VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ($1 to Entourage).