Cavaliers Soloist Staging

Cavaliers EnCorps! video (2:44-2:55):

You've got to be kidding me!?!?!?

* He's appears/solo starts

* Sweet drill move happens around him

* Solo ends/he's gone

Seriously, this is brilliant. Best soloist staging I've ever seen. How many seconds in the show prior to this do you think the drill/staging was planned?

Gable

P.S. - Sorry I'm adding so many topics....it's just that when I watch the EnCorps! videos I get giddy. This is my last one... I promise. :worthy:

Edited by Gable

Seriously, this is brilliant. Best soloist staging I've ever seen. How many seconds in the show prior to this do you think the drill/staging was planned?

Gable

Yeah... as designers, some of us try to do this kind of thing. I haven't seen the cavaliers yet this year to see what you're talking about but i'm not surprised. mike does some wildly creative stuff.

when I write, I usually try my best to write drill that can drop off, reveal, hide or pick up a soloist in the most fluid way possible. Soloists can get somewhat "left out" in drill desgins and sometimes they are written around or included as part of the overall design, which is what it sounds like in this case.

I don't know if what I wrote makes any sense... but it's always cool to see the little visual "tricks" designers use to hide/reveal soloists. (like what Pete did for Madison in 2005 - carmen soloist)

probably a while before. Seems like you would have to keep track of who the soloist is as that time is approaching.

I could be wrong, but I think the one he was talking about was a trumpet soloist.

oh well #### lol. the same thing happens with the baritone soloist then again at the beginning of the 2nd number. when they are forming those series of arcs in a diagonal. its pretty cool

not sure what you're talking about... the trumpet soloist is clearly visible... he's on the friggin 50 yard, how can you miss him when he goes back to the drill???

its like theres a friggin cavaliers magic show out there if i was to talk to you guys...

not sure what you're talking about... the trumpet soloist is clearly visible... he's on the friggin 50 yard, how can you miss him when he goes back to the drill???

its like theres a friggin cavaliers magic show out there if i was to talk to you guys...

first off i dont think they are talkin about the opening soloist. and 2 i dont even like the cavaliers im just rooting for my friend lol.

NO FIRGGIN WAI LAWL