NEW ALL-AGE CORPS FORMING

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah...three more and then you have 7 ^0^

And that's a problem HOW, exactly?? ^0^

I seem to recall -- back when the idea of DCU first came up -- that someone (may have been me) proposed it as a place for corps who didn't tour nationally to get more performances in (the Div II/III guys, primarily). no reason to restrict it to Srs.

Actually, with all the corps in California to begin with, we could have rather a nice show all by ourselves!

AND for those waiting for some sort of word...we're looking at setting a first management meeting in late September....just trying to nail down the date.

I'll start a separate thread for THAT announcement!

I just want to let you know the George Takei KICKS ###!!! By far the best captain of the Excelsior b**bs

But NO one got more action than Kirk....

"Spock, here are three communicators that are broken....put one together that works....I'm gonna go seduce the High Priestess..."

Edited by 84BDsop

So Sam...........can you give us an idea of how you have gone about forming an infrastructure of your new corps, how soon you plan to field, how do you plan to secure your equipment, when is the open house/first rehearsal, etc?

(..........crickets chirping...............)

Sorry, Rich...I was out giving fencign lessons to the school team...just got back home.

So Sam...........can you give us an idea of how you have gone about forming an infrastructure of your new corps, how soon you plan to field, how do you plan to secure your equipment, when is the open house/first rehearsal, etc?

I'm HOPING to field in some form for 08...of course that depends on the numbers we get....and who stays....something I cannot predict. It may be a full show....it may be a partial marching show (similar to RCR until a couple of years back), or it may be standstill like SoCal Dream the first year....can't make that decision until i see what we have to work with.

Facilities...Kennedy HS in the Valley is the likely place, since their director is my co-founder.

Equipment...fortunately, Kennedy has enough gear for us to use (and it is already open to us)...there's enough pit to use and marching brass (Bb, of course). Anyone who has their own horn of any key would be welcome...we'll work and live with the intonation differences, and i don't care about horn color right now. There are also some other people I know who are interested who have horns....we'll see what happens there.

Open house....let me get through the first management meeting!! That's LOOKING like Sep 22, but I'm waiting for final word on that. I;d like to get thye admin ducks more or less in a row before setting an open house date.

as for any support or management structure, that will be determined at the mgt meeting.

Right now Dave and I are winging it a bit because we haven't set up anything or brought other people into the discussions yet...I wanted to wait until after DCI to do so.

After the meeting I should have a MUCH more clear idea of everything...but you've gotta start somewhere.