REVO SCORE.....WHAT'S UP!

Since Revo scored about 74 or 76 a couple of weeks ago, their score has been going down. They should be in the high 70's low 80's. Other corps have caught up to them. I'm thinking they made some changes to their drill or have some new members. Anyone have any inside info.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a theory, but it seems that Revo hasn't been competing with other corps in their division for some time now as they ahve been only at division I shows as the lone II/III rep... possibly making it difficult for judges to score them appropriately... perhaps?

just a theory, but it seems that Revo hasn't been competing with other corps in their division for some time now as they ahve been only at division I shows as the lone II/III rep... possibly making it difficult for judges to score them appropriately... perhaps?

Perhaps, but they are still dropping in score by themselves. They are their biggest opponent right now. People are saying these scores are right with them in the low seventies and tonights 69, but it wasn't that long ago when they beat memphis head to head right?

I just hope they don't get slotted somewhere while they are on their little solo tour.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they just are not as great as everyone hyped them up to be. It seems the only corps living up to hype is Dutch boy right now. But you never know til everyone gets on the west coast this weekend. It seems the corps that don't talk about themselves are doing the best. :laugh:

Post Deleted

Edited by Nex

With all that is being said about Revo and Dutch Boy the Jackson TN show should be a great one! Mempho has been on break at Bethel College working on tweaking their show. The Jackson show should be a head to head battle against the top Div III corps! Can't wait!!! :P

sometime ago I noticed that the II/III season didn't make sense score wise... most corps scores seemed to be stuck most of july, and then there was a huge jump the last week or so of the season.

Should the scores be higher in July? Are they too high in August?

Revolution looked great at San Antonio and sounded great in Denton from the side (we went on right before them, so didn't get a view in Denton).

I think they'll be in the hunt in Div III along with Memphis, and a good handful of CA corps

Since Revo scored about 74 or 76 a couple of weeks ago, their score has been going down. They should be in the high 70's low 80's. Other corps have caught up to them. I'm thinking they made some changes to their drill or have some new members. Anyone have any inside info.

I heard from someone who knows someone who works for them that the visual caption head left to do band camp after thé last show they did in Wisconsin earlier this month. When he was there their scores were way up and I heard from my friend that the members liked this guy a lot, a big motivator type of guy. After this guy left, they fired his assistant and then when the caption head came back last week, the percussion head blew up for some reason and the vis head got so mad that he took off and some of his staff left to. So I guess there's trouble in the Revo instructional staff and if this guy who left was that important to them and if the kids knew another caption head ticked him off enough to leave then then the kids may be discouraged?? If my friend is telling even half the truth, the numbers seem to back it up. Numbers were up when he said the guy was there, climbed when he supposedly came back last week, now he's gone (supposedly because of a fight) and the scores drop.

no major worries for revo right now, i know it would be irritating for me as a member or staff member to have numbers plucked out of the sky just because we were the only corps in that division. very soon revo and memphis will be going head to head most of the shows the rest of the season so at least that questiong will be resolved.

I heard from someone who knows someone who works for them that the visual caption head left to do band camp after thé last show they did in Wisconsin earlier this month. When he was there their scores were way up and I heard from my friend that the members liked this guy a lot, a big motivator type of guy. After this guy left, they fired his assistant and then when the caption head came back last week, the percussion head blew up for some reason and the vis head got so mad that he took off and some of his staff left to. So I guess there's trouble in the Revo instructional staff and if this guy who left was that important to them and if the kids knew another caption head ticked him off enough to leave then then the kids may be discouraged?? If my friend is telling even half the truth, the numbers seem to back it up. Numbers were up when he said the guy was there, climbed when he supposedly came back last week, now he's gone (supposedly because of a fight) and the scores drop.

I am sory but if that guy was such a great person, even if this was the case, the fact he would abandon the kids does not make me think that he is such a great teacher afterall. If you look at the recaps... there visual performance scores have been improving greatly and consistantly where as other areas are not as strong. It appears that your brothers sister friend or whatever is making excuses. IMO.

Also, I could understand their varying scores iun General Effect, since almost every review I read said nothing really grabbd their attention and it was a forgettable show. Not that I have seen them yet. They apparantly have great vertical alignment, but maybe the show just isn't there. You never know.

Edited by Ron Burgendy