East Coast Jazz

inactive

mainly finances. I know they were having trouble in 05 when I marched with them. They were pleading with corps members to get their money in in mid July. It seemed as if bingo was down too. They wound up putting up a big wall In there corps hall to maybe help with some income. it was a smart move to step out this season. I hope we dont lose any other corps next year. I read a D! site and it said that this trip is costing them an extra 20 grand and they are from the mid west so I cant imagine what an east coast corps is going to cost. They are hoping for a return for 08 but with a majority of there staff and kids at Jersey Surf I am not sure what is going to happen. Hope they can make it out!

It's true a few key staff are at Surf, but I think it's surprising how few kids made the trip.

I think most of the ECJers either went to Spartans, DivI or are sitting the season out waiting for ECJ to come back next year.

as Eric mentioned, most of the kids from ECJ aren't marching at all this year. between 10-15 aged out. and as Eric also said, only a few went to Surf, 7-8 went to Spartans, couple at Citations, and then as far as I know, there are people now marching Cadets, Crown, Madison, Crossmen, Spirit, BD, and Colts. I think that may be it. There's also a few of us marching DCA, myself included. Also, from all of the people I know, most are not waiting to go back to ECJ, although many of us wish for a return for the corps. we had a pretty rough season last year, but the memories are amazing. Here's wishful thinking. :)

I'm glad you are marching James. My gut feeling is that many of the Jazz alumni that didn't go D1 didn't go to Surf for the same reason. $$$$. Jazz was(is) a top notch D2 and in most cases it isn't talent that separated it's members from D1, and the drive to/from Surf would add up this season. Anyhow, I'm happy to see some of them at Spartans, and I miss you guys giving them all the fight they could want all season long.