7/28 Salem, Ohio "Champions of Sound"

Is that our own Dan Scerpella playing a bari solo to start the show???

None other. Thanks for the mention!

Salem_OH_063f.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CorpVets are cool. We were standing around on the street lined up to go in for retreat, having a good time talking to them. then Empire lined up, and they were cool too. Didn't catch his name, but one guy from Canada was hoping for a short retreat like some others they'd been in.

granted!

short retreats are good.

20 hour bus rides that are supposed to be 16 aren't.

Lewisburg was a short retreat.... B) it was quite nice, we all got on the field they gave out caption awards real quick then they did scores real quick and boom 10 minutes of retreat and we were done!! oh i love retreats like that!!

"MF Medley to finish the show. Jeff and Joey on the left, Steve, Jaime, and the other sop soloist I don't know on the right"

Hey Gadget:

The other soprano soloist you don't know is my fiance Shane. He also plays the Taps for Maynard solo, with Jamie playing the echo. He joined the corps in 2003, after you had left, so that's probably why you don't know him. And my girl Patsy is not only a great leader and performer, she is also one of the greatest friends a person could have.

Thanks so much for the excellent play by play of the show. It's sometimes hard when you go on last to get the vibe of the show, as it's over so quickly after you perform. I really enjoyed your review as well. Sorry you don't like the pose at the end of Birdland, but what would a Statesmen Show be without the pose?

A big thank you to the city of Salem for hosting such a great show. I would also like to thank MBI, the Kilites, CorpsVets and the Govies for making the long trip to Ohio to perform with us. It was a great time and I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

To the CorpsVets in particular, you guys rock. Thank you for coming over to our practice and letting us perform just for you. I was very cool to perform a rehearsal run through with people in the stands. And your reciprocal run through was a lot of fun. Even though we are all performers, we are all fans as well and it was nice to sit in the stands and be a fan for the first time this season. Don't usually get that opportunity until the DVD's come. As a fellow mellophone player, I have to say your mello section is awesome. Loved the little touch of flamenco dancing in La Fiesta.

All in all thank you to everyone who helped make the Salem Ohio show a wonderful memory. And Gadget, say hello to your beautiful wife for me. Hope to see you at DCA's in Rochester.

Regards,

Regina Quinn

Empire Statesmen

Lead Mellophone