Indy Review (first timer)

This is my first attempt at a review, please don't flame me. So...here it goes

Great night for drum corps, might I add. My husband and I try to go to Indy every year and now, with it being the site of the next DCI World Championships...well, we are excited!! Capital Sound: Great sound for the size, I thought they had some great musical moments. The colorguard was still a little dirty, but overall, good performance. Colts Cadets: First time I've ever see them. Marching seemed pretty clean, great sound, good overall show concept...I was diggin' the Kansas, especially that opening fanfare. Pioneer: What can I say except G BUGLES BABY!! I really can't believe their progress. We saw them 2 yrs. ago in Harrison, and I had heard they were good this yr, but WOW! The marching was good, although the drill was not that complex. That mello solo about brought tears to my eyes...and the colorguard has improved 100% since I saw them last. Southwind: I saw these guys in Toledo...vast improvement in both marching and music. Power in that hornline, but use it wisely guys, don't overuse! I still don't get their show, but I did enjoy it. Good luck Mark!! Madison Scouts: I am a big Madison fan, let me just get that out of the way..I was worried about them at the beginning of the season. But I ain't anymore!! My boys brought it tonight!! They have improved so much since we saw them in Allentown, marching, musically, visually. The colorguard book was not finished in Allentown, so tonight I really enjoyed seeing the finished product. Keep it up, Madison!! Blue Stars: Again, had not seen them yet this season, but I had heard good things. Like the new uniforms and use of the double sided flags at the beginning. Powerful hornline and a litlle Firebird Suite never hurts. Marching was very clean, drill not very complex, but well marched. Great show, kept me interested. Spirit from JSU: Again, first time I've seen their show this yr. Like the new uniforms, but my husband had mixed feelings. They also have a great hornline, drums a little dirty, but overall, very entertaining show, just not very memorable. Colts: First time to see them and their new look this year. Last time I saw them was at finals in Madison last yr. I can't believe this is the same corps!! Musically, very good, powerful hornline. I did not like the capes for the colorguard at the beginning, but that's all the negativity I can muster. They really brought it tonight. Boston Crusaders: Saw them in Allentown, marching has definately improved, but I am not entirely sold on this show. All those art supplies on the field made me feel like I was at Staples. They really perform it well and the colorguard did not have all the dropped equipment they had at Allentown. Music is pretty good, but I really don't like the overall show concept. Phantom Regiment: Saw them in Allentown...WOW!! What a great show. They added that turn around and leg kick out at the end...brought the house down!! I think the marching and hornline have improved massively since Allentown, that jazz running at the end always blows me away! Blue Devils: That hornline never ceases to amaze me! They were very clean tonight, marching has improved. A lot of changes since I saw them last in Columbus, especially the colorguard. A few drops out there, but not enough to distract me from the effect of the show. Cavaliers: Again, changes since I saw them last in Toledo. They've added a better ending. Marching was great, not as much power in the hornline as BD, visually though, some of the drill they do is mind boggling. Not a big Billy Joel fan, their show doesn't have last yrs. edginess, but still great. That's my review....just one more thing. Thanks to my fellow corps members at Cincinnati Tradition (Cincinnati Tradition in tha house, ha ha!!) They made a pretty devistating and depressing week for me, a great weekend of drum corps. Thanks Toph for the scores (I had to leave before the scores, because of a 3 hr. drive and work today). And thanks to my husband for the $5 bargain bin Faust shirt..your my big spender!! :P :P :P

Disclaimer: this Review was written by my wife not me. I had a toothache as bad as the CADETS Narration in there show this year and thats BAD b**bs. Also im not that good with words. :sshh:

Edited by Forever_Knight

Great review, but try putting some paragraph spaces in between corps or something. It's very hard to read.

It's a good thing I am not grading this paper for you. Talk about run on sentences! Other than that, your over all review was interesting.

Sorry, I was in a hurry, had to go to work this AM.

I had a toothache as bad as the CADETS Narration

HaHa HaHa!