Corps and their horns

I believe the difference between a band and a drum and bugle is the fact that there are no woodwinds in a drum corps. not that there is anything wrong with woodwinds, I like the sound of a good symphony, or concert band. They work great indoors, in a controled environment. They just get lost outside.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fusion is Bb/F

We are working towards a full set of Yamaha brass.

We have some folks using their own horns and have some horns we lease from Capital Brass (Thanks Tom) - we are

thankful to everyone for use of these horns while we bridge the gap.

b**bs Dano

What no Sky Alumni Label on your signature ^0^ LOL

What a misinformed shirt. The top 3 hornlines in DCA the last 3 years have used B flat horns. It's not a coincidence. Get new friends.

:worthy:

That is based on the wonderful judges not a fan favorite... ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

That is based on the wonderful judges not a fan favorite... ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

uuuuhhhh Cabs won fan favorite at DCA last year ON Bb horns.

there goes THAT particular theory . . ..

uuuuhhhh Cabs won fan favorite at DCA last year ON Bb horns.

there goes THAT particular theory . . ..

Or just stuffing the ballot box. LOL....I Love the Cabs...but then again the Cabs have that "History" thing on thier side so you can throw the Bb issue out the window with them, they just play music that the fans love. Isn't that what it is all about...

Or just stuffing the ballot box. LOL....I Love the Cabs...but then again the Cabs have that "History" thing on thier side so you can throw the Bb issue out the window with them, they just play music that the fans love. Isn't that what it is all about...

even if you're just joking around honestly the stuff the box comment is rather tasteless. there were a whole lot of those comments going around last year up at Championships. when they were said they weren't followed by good hearted laughter either. <**>

I just hope the judges don't make assumptions about who is more in tune a Bb or a G. I just purchased a new Kanstul G and personally when you listen to a Bb horn line they sound muffled, they just don't have the same punch or richness. Bb's are not my cup of tea when it comes to a field instrument.....not that there's anything wrong with it. ($1.00 to Jerry Seinfield)

Ben ^0^

Based on my experience with the judges, I do not believe that they concern themselves with what anyone is playing, but on how they are played.

It is common for the judges to still make references to contras and sopranos, so I do not believe that they use the key or the brand in their evaluation.

Just my $.02.