Marching styles

All in jest :blink: . Now back to your regularly scheduled "Glide Step" thread.

Dang it, I have nothing else to contribute to this thread...

Oh, BK's style is very similar to the way a horse walks, which is a funny connection to their logo :blink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it, I have nothing else to contribute to this thread...

Oh, BK's style is very similar to the way a horse walks, which is a funny connection to their logo :blink:

Wow I never put that together for myself about their technique! I will never look at my old member jacket the same way again…

Wow I never put that together for myself about their technique! I will never look at my old member jacket the same way again…

sarcasm.jpg

Devils march glide step not straight leg. :blink:

Yeah...for one, thats why I didnt write "THE BLUE DEVILS MARCH STRAIGHT LEG"....see because I wasnt sure, and wouldnt want to make an ### out of myself like you seem fond of doing. Anyway, I think my analysis is pretty much correct. Besides, the cadets dont keep their legs straight all the time either. Maybe on extremely small backwards steps, but for the most part, we just flexed our toes up on the and counts (which is where the differences really occur), bent our legs slightly (THATS RIGHT, i said BENT LEGS) so your hips dont wiggle, and let the foot pass through as close to the ground as possible. Hmm, kinda sounds like what the other dude said about bd's technique. But what do us guys that have been marching and talking to people from other corps about technique within the past 5 years know...right :blink:

Don't go off anything I say, it's all pure hearsay and speculation... :blink:

Don't go off anything I say, it's all pure hearsay and speculation... :blink:

Pssh....someone that says something like that clearly marched, and I'm pretty sure I know where :blink:

Pssh....someone that says something like that clearly marched, and I'm pretty sure I know where :blink:

Oh YEAH? Well, I'm pretty sure I know where YOU marche... oh, right, your signature... :blink:

Oh YEAH? Well, I'm pretty sure I know where YOU marche... oh, right, your signature... :blink:

Thats all a lie. I'm actually one of those guys that says he marched like 8 different places. I also auditioned for the Blue Devils and Star of Indiana and the Cavaliers in the same year (2003 of course), and made it easily but didnt like the people, which is why I decided to march Magic... (no offense :blink: )

Thats all a lie. I'm actually one of those guys that says he marched like 8 different places. I also auditioned for the Blue Devils and Star of Indiana and the Cavaliers in the same year (2003 of course), and made it easily but didnt like the people, which is why I decided to march Magic... (no offense :blink: )

What a clever front you've created, then!

Sorry to be mean, but....

I just get angry when I watch the Blue Knights march. I really do.

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that their shows always bore me to tears.....

Just an opinion, folks!