Pioneer

i'm not knocking down pioneer, bet they seem to be in LAST...EVERY SHOW...EVERY YEAR...UGH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corpsreps.com knows all

i'm not knocking down pioneer, bet they seem to be in LAST...EVERY SHOW...EVERY YEAR...UGH

Oh, probably a few years ago before all those danged defunct corps (including one of mine, I might add!) were still around.

In case anyone doesn't understand what I mean, I praise Pioneer for still being around. Maybe on the field they ain't Cavies, but off the field me suspects that they still have a better group of managers and volunteers than most. Perhaps one of the most local corps in existence? It's OK, Pioneer--just remember that you guys lace up your shoes and pull on your jump suits the same way everyone else does. And hopefully not in that order! :laugh: My bad--but it was just too good to go back and edit after I typed it!

Oh, probably a few years ago before all those danged defunct corps (including one of mine, I might add!) were still around.

In case anyone doesn't understand what I mean, I praise Pioneer for still being around. Maybe on the field they ain't Cavies, but off the field me suspects that they still have a better group of managers and volunteers than most. Perhaps one of the most local corps in existence? It's OK, Pioneer--just remember that you guys lace up your shoes and pull on your jump suits the same way everyone else does. And hopefully not in that order! :laugh: My bad--but it was just too good to go back and edit after I typed it!

You know - I actually enjoy Pioneer's show this year! Give 'em a break. Those kids are out there working hard in the sun all day too ya know! It's just nice to see they are still around!!! SOMEONE has to be cellar dweller! At least they are active and kids have a place to participate - like you said - where is your corps - defunct??? I say - GO PIONEER!!!! :laugh:

You know - I actually enjoy Pioneer's show this year! Give 'em a break. Those kids are out there working hard in the sun all day too ya know! It's just nice to see they are still around!!! SOMEONE has to be cellar dweller! At least they are active and kids have a place to participate - like you said - where is your corps - defunct??? I say - GO PIONEER!!!! :laugh:

look people...it was a simple question, thats all...

look people...it was a simple question, thats all...

And it's been answered. When a question like that is asked and answered, threads usually turn into "love-ins" for the corps.

Ken, re-read what I said. I'm on your side.

I think the question could be is, What does Pioneer need to do to improve thier score. Or does it even matter. Me, personally would rather have 100 Pioneers then 30 Cavaliers or Cadets or Bluecoats.

Of course each playing different music and with different uniforms, because if not they would all look and sound alike. :laugh:

Darn. You noticed. :laugh:

My guess is, the organization doesn't measure success in quite the way most corps do. That's probably a very bold concept, but one which seems to work.

Heck, the fact that they are still around year in and year out is success in no small measure, particularly in light of all those hundereds of has-been corps that aren't.

Edited by Achilles