Ogden powwow

So as we wait for info to trickle in, I'm reminded by ZZ Top's 'La Grange' on my iTunes that pioneering Houston consumer reporter Marvin Zindler passed away last night.

He's the guy that actually blew the whistle on the Chicken Ranch...

Edited by CoatsContraDad

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Hop's blog today:

"We are on before intermission tonight. Something about parity for all corps.

It is 95 degrees out --- and the Bluecoats and SCV are on an hour later under the lights.

Not good."

Go Blooooooo

The thing I enjoy most about this comment .... is the amount of respect Hop is showing for the competition. He could easily have said ... pfffffffft .. who cares we'll win anyway. However, the way it's worded ... shows how close this year been ... and how good EVERYONE truly is. An advantage is an advantage ... and performance time in rough conditions can make or break your performance.

The thing I enjoy most about this comment .... is the amount of respect Hop is showing for the competition. He could easily have said ... pfffffffft .. who cares we'll win anyway. However, the way it's worded ... shows how close this year been ... and how good EVERYONE truly is. An advantage is an advantage ... and performance time in rough conditions can make or break your performance.

Agreed

great point! a sign of a great sportsman

Hey Everyone! I just back from Iraq, and haven't been able to watch any great DCI this past six months. What's going on? I have heard some crazy things that the Cadets might win? I saw their show last year and didn't think they'd be in the top three this year? Is their show that good?!

Hey Everyone! I just back from Iraq, and haven't been able to watch any great DCI this past six months. What's going on? I have heard some crazy things that the Cadets might win? I saw their show last year and didn't think they'd be in the top three this year? Is their show that good?!

If you like muddled talking over a fantastic drum corps performance, then yes. I thought they were the best corps in San Antonio, yet I couldn't understand a word their talkers were saying. Be prepared for many similar comments.

Yow...THIS is a loaded question! I will simply answer "Yes...but I believe... :doh: !"

BTW; Welcome home!!!! And thanks for protecting all of us!!!! :doh:

Edited by prodigal bari

First of all......THANKS for going over there and protecting this country by keeping those radicals there and keeping the pressure on them so we can all enjoy the freedom of America's promise. Second....Good luck making any sense out of DCI this year.