Capital Regiment ROCKS!

Here..here..to Capital Regiment :wub::doh::wub: In case you haven't heard, the Southwind cook trailer died in San Antonio, dead for the season (and likely forever). The frame cracked and the vehicle is not road-worthy. :wall: This event could have easily ended the season for Southwind but it didn't thanks to Rick Bays, Capital Regiment's director, who graciously allowed Southwind to borrow Cap Reg's food truck for the rest of the season. Not only that, but he is driving it himself.

As stated by Mike Loeffelholz, Director for Southwind "This is an act of chivalry that I'm not sure we can ever repay. To be blunt, Rick Bays has saved our season." I don't think it could be said any better......

From all of us Southwind parents.....THANK YOU RICK & CAPITAL REGIMENT :wub::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

the Southwind cook trailer died in San Antonio, dead for the season (and likely forever).

Thank GOD! it's about time. although it would have been more convenient for it to break after tour was over. hope they replace it with a semi

good show of class Cap Reg!

Edited by Marlin Hunter

another show of brotherhood between Southwind and Capital Regiment - I remember this going back to when I marched in 2003. those two corps have always been relatively close. :)

much :wub: to Southwind from a former CR member.

I saw the truck in Broken Arrow last night and wondered why they were using it. That's awesome!

Southwind may want to check in to the Americanos Cook truck. I remember hearing that it was on the market. It was build and used in 03. In 04 it was used for part of the season. 06 the Madison Scouts used it for a couple of weeks. And finally Jubal used it for the remaining season.

YET another example of why this activity STILL gives me chills!!!

BIG southern California hats off to Rick Bays!!

This is why drum corps is special. It's competitive...it's about judges and scores...

But, mostly it's about Corps A in unexpected trouble and needing help. And then Corps B steps in.

Thanks to Rick Bays and Capital Regiment for being Corps B.

Now...what can we do to help Corps B take the field next year?

Seeing things like this make me proud to be a Cap Reg Alumni. I'm so glad to hear that Southwind's season is still alive. I remember the show in 2006 where Southwind and CR shared a dinner. It was a blast. I also remember the housing site we shared, because ours was something like 3 hours in the opposite direction of the show site, and it was already noon. Bonds like this is what I love about drum corps. Things like this have taught this 17 year old how to be a good person. I owe these things to my summer with Capital last year. Hearing these good things about my corps, my family makes me happy beyond belief.

Thank you threadstarter for posting!