Face Melting

We took out a decibel meter a few days ago in Pittsburg, Kansas. Of the corps that were there, BD, Blooo, Spirit, Madison, Cascades, and Pioneer... Blooo and Spirit tied for the highest decibel reading. True story guys. I've heard all of these corps live, as well as SCV, Cadets, Crown and PR. I'd say it's between Spirit, the Cadets, and Bloooo.

That has no bearing on loudest hornline, though, because the peak levels are created by the percussion.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the corps that played at Ogden, the Cadets were easily the loudest. BK was pretty loud during their encore and seemed a lot heavier on the bottom end, but the Cadets were definitely packing some power.

Regiment and Cadets are by far the two loudest I've heard this year. I saw spirit last night and didn't feel like they were in the same league. Maybe it was a bad night, but they weren't even close to Regiment or what I heard out of cadets last week.

I would say BD and PR have the most RAW power this summer. Cadets are very close with a better quality than PR at this point. Crown is loud ... but they're achieving it through maximum contribution of quality sound (NO HOLES). That's about it. ... Scouts did pack some punch but only on impacts. It's almost like PR and BD have a totally different dynamic spectrum in comparison to the others ..> Cadets too. I'm still waiting for a poll of who has the best quality at pianissimo this summer. Odds are .. there are only 2 corps that actually play in that dynamic range. Short poll :P

Phew...

For a second there I thought this thread was about Raiders of the Lost Ark