85 Bridgemen

WOW I must be bad with history but thought Bridgemen folded prior to 1985. We had a large group of the Bridgemen come to us and between them and a group from Pride of Cincinnati was what allowed us to field a full corps and then in turn make finals.

come on... we did some of the same shows together :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were "gutted" between '84 and '85. I do not know that particulars of the organizational shake up, but they competed as a full DCI memeber the entire 1985 season. They may well have been the weakest corps ever to do so. One of the most dynamic and popular VK instructors was a Bayonne alumni who returned that year to do what he could to salvage the corps.

Greg was not the only one!

Greg was not the only one!

I seem to remember General Zod being there also, ^0^ as well as the Hoff.

Maybe it was the fact that we went on 1st at every show(how many shows did we do that year,10?)

Chris, my old friend, why-oh-why would you want this???? :P

Hey John,

A friend of mine was looking for a recording from that year.

On a side note, I remember being at a show somewhere and seeing you sitting on the ground with a drum stick and a baritone rolling out dents in the bell. I asked you what happened and you had a 1 word answer.................Remember what that 1 word was??

Chris

Hey John,

A friend of mine was looking for a recording from that year.

On a side note, I remember being at a show somewhere and seeing you sitting on the ground with a drum stick and a baritone rolling out dents in the bell. I asked you what happened and you had a 1 word answer.................Remember what that 1 word was??

Chris

not really? the only thing I can think of is retreat.. because we always messed our horns up on retreat. but there was like no retreats in 85. usually only DM retreats ( I only remember because my wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, always had to hang around to go on retreat)...

but life on the line guess???? << Jerome >> ^0^

edit for sp

Edited by johnric

Hey, how do you listen to those recordings?

As far as retreats in 85, I think it was Meadowlands, you guys, meaning Bridgemen, a pineapple and a machete. Hacking that pineapple to bits. We were right next to you and wer quite amused..........and got screamed at by our staff for not staying at parade rest properly/laughing with you.