No encore for Phoenix

Tom is right...noise ordinances all generally speaking are 10pm, and people are more impowered nowadays to ##### and moan about "that loud marching band" playing past 10.

Geez...I remember the days in 1985 at a camp for VK doing a run through after a full night of rehearsal, at 11:30!!! Of course...we were in the middle of nowhere and we only ###### off some cows. BUT STILL!!! LOL!!!

It was always fun when the cops would show up though.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you didn't even welcome me back after serving my DCP suspension. It was like being in Sheriff Joe's tent city. Can I talk about my suspension? Or is the very nature of discussing it going to result in yet another suspension?

I believe I'm only here because I am now on double super secret probation.

I wonder if there's a list of DCPers who have served a suspension.

I wonder who's been suspened the most.

I wonder...

Git back in tha house, Jedediah! If'n they hear ya talkin like that, they's bound to come round ya up agin!!

(yeah.. no talkie aboutie the suspensionie.. )

Stef

Hey it will still be 110 at 10:30 anyway..Iknow, Iknow...it's a dry heat. B)

Not in the middle of august!! Dude.. this is what we locals call "the monsoons" -- where 40% humidity feels like 90% and natives are known to wet their sheets down before going to bed just to keep body temps down overnight!

August in the Valley is about as miserable as it gets..

Stay Hydrated, people!!

Not in the middle of august!! Dude.. this is what we locals call "the monsoons" -- where 40% humidity feels like 90% and natives are known to wet their sheets down before going to bed just to keep body temps down overnight!

August in the Valley is about as miserable as it gets..

Stay Hydrated, people!!

Ouch!

But at least you get a bologna sandwich along with the jump suit.

Funny I was just watching a thing with Joe going through a typical lunch. One sandwich with a mustard packet only, he said he took away the mayonnaise. He was sort of upset there were two oranges in their lunch. Some packets of graham crackers a couple weeks old. He even stated how he once saw crackers like that 10 months after the expiration date.

Funny I was just watching a thing with Joe going through a typical lunch. One sandwich with a mustard packet only, he said he took away the mayonnaise. He was sort of upset there were two oranges in their lunch. Some packets of graham crackers a couple weeks old. He even stated how he once saw crackers like that 10 months after the expiration date.

A great read from the Sheriff's website.

Sheriff Joe

What I don't get is that there no houses near the stadium! Dorms yes, but it's summer.....I think it's more than the ordinance because couldn't DCI have just planned the show 30 mins earlier for the encore....my guess is that maybe no corps wanted too do it so they could take off to SD.

Earlier???

It is most likely going to be over 100 degrees at first step off as is. Nothing like that sun blazing while you march into the stadium in those shako's and black uni's :)

Not the ideal locale so if I had to take no encore (and an early start to CA) or early bands marching in with that awful heat, I'll take the no encore...and I'm sure so will the corps.