Public transportation?!?

Does anyone know if there are is a train or a bus that goes to the stadium?

We are staying about 12 miles away on Olympic Blvd in LA.

If anyone has some pointers, please share.

read the tourism thread, it's all in there:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=1961019

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a bus from LAX to the Rose Bowl?

Take the lax shuttle to the subway station at the edge of lax and then take the green line east to the blue line north to gold line north to pasadena and then:

Or take the "Flyaway" direct bus ($4) from lax to union station downtown and take the gold line subway to pasadena and then:

Edited by 27Socal

Someone suggested 267, which runs from Pasadena city college to about a mile from the Rose Bowl site. Only problem is it stops running before performances are over.
There is no bus service of any kind I can find running near the Rose Bowl when the shows end. I do not think that walking to the 267 stop at that time of night would be a great idea in any event. Edited by VKMello84

There is no bus service of any kind I can find running near the Rose Bowl when the shows end. I do not think that walking to the 267 stop at that time of night would be a great idea in any event.

The bus stops at that time anyway, so your best bet is to hitch a ride or walk to the Memorial Park Station. It's probably a half an hour walk. If one must resort to that, definitely walk with some buddies.

Yeah, so if you're up to it, after finals, you'd have to walk about 2 miles to the Memorial Park Station. But from there, you're home-free!

Better to take a cab.

Better to take a cab.
Better to pick a cab company and add it to your cel phone before setting out for this thing.

Save the stress and rent a car.

I wouldn't characterize the Rose Bowl parking lot or LA freeways as stress saving by any means.

Also a cab to and from your hotel is probably fine (get out when he gets in line to drive in, no sense in paying when you can walk faster).

Good call on putting the cab company in your cell too.

From LAX to Pasadena is a little far by cab. It'd be cheaper to rent a car.

Edited by PCSoprano9702

For anyone having to rely on public transportation in LA, you have my deepest sympathies, especially if you need to get from Point A to Point B in a timely manner. Good luck, you'll need it!!

Absolutely. Will save mucho time by renting a car.