1989 Cadets

Waah, I killed the thread!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's 85...black Premiers.

Back to 89...if that line was put in a time machine today (with a different vis program)...would they be the "cat's a**"? I believe today, field judges are more forgiving today....I truly believe if that line was competing today, it would be lights out.

Thoughts??

I truly believe if that line was competing today, it would be lights out.

Thoughts??

YES - lights out today. It was lights out in 89, too. For me, it is still one of the best lines ever.

Cadetsnare - can you still play the show??

YES - lights out today. It was lights out in 89, too. For me, it is still one of the best lines ever.

Cadetsnare - can you still play the show??

Yup! :)

I'm 37 now, but I still have my drumming hands. Not my 19 year old hands, but I still practice every day at least 45 mins to 1 hour. I stopped drumming every day around 2000/2001, but it was getting veeerrrryyy ugly....so, I started to get back on track.

89 was a year that was very chop-heavy. There was a paradiddle-diddle section in the opener that was darn-near impossible....about 9 measures of paradiddle-diddles with odd accents on both left and right at 152....I still shake my head and laugh at that part...one of those sections that should never have been written and played, but it was!

The section leader, Willy Higgins, was the snare tech from 1990 to 1998....just a MONSTER teacher, and a great leader. Marched 84-89 (minus 85), and epitomized the "Garfield Standard"...virtually never ticked, and was SUCH a great example!

Thanks for the love, MJN!

There was a paradiddle-diddle section in the opener that was darn-near impossible....about 9 measures of paradiddle-diddles with odd accents on both left and right at 152....I still shake my head and laugh at that part...one of those sections that should never have been written and played, but it was!

Matt managed to fix my left hand enough that I could actually play this section...passably :)

Any chance that the finals version of the snare part is written down anywhere??? I would love to see what that looks like.

Any chance that the finals version of the snare part is written down anywhere??? I would love to see what that looks like.

I used to have it, but it got lost with a lot of other drum music (Star '93 cadence, etc.). PM cadetsnare...he's the one that gave it to me. Playing it at tempo is the tricky part ;)