Are the corps louder this year?

That's called "Strategic OLD SCHOOL Arranging". I haven't heard scoring like that in a solid 15+ years.

To the OP .... I think some of it has to do with the progress of PR's hornline since and including 2003. They went back to raw ... and were successful in doing so. I think it took 1 or 2 top notch hornlines taking the risk of lettin 'er RIP and being rewarded before Drum Corps Nation was willing to follow suit. Think about it ... everyone wants to be competitively successful. There was a good stretch from 2000 to 2006 (with all of Cavies success) where everyone dialed it down and went for control. The combination of MSARP and PR blowing the walls down last year really shattered the fears of most of the horn staff's out there. It's "OK" to be loud again ......... YAY FOR US FAN$$$$$$ :worthy::worthy:

Blue Stars were very loud last year. With a very nice quality of sound. I'm surprised more folks hadn't noticed until now.

Dear Div 1,

Thank you for the volume this year. I'll place my order for next year NOW. MORE OF THE SAME ... and MORE of that more of the same please! Keep crankin it up!!!!! Thank you for turning your hornlines loose earlier in the season so you could work on controlling your power down the stretch. Again.... More of the same in 2008 please .. in fact, START SOONER!!!!!!! b**bs

Thank You,

The Fan$$$$$

Great points. Thanks for sharing your insights.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing sounded loud to me (at the two shows I attended).

Good? yes.

Loud? no way.

Cadets were the closest to being loud.

Then again, I spent the 90's touring with a grunge rock band, nothing sounds loud to me anymore... except the ringing in my ears when I lay down at night.