Looking ahead to next season

Renegade_fireman

Hey everyone.

So i know this year is far from over as far as DCA corps are concerned. But I figured i would throw out a little bit of information, get the word out, and maybe find some interested people.

A few of us in the SF Renegades have decided that next year, we want to have the most bad-### 7 man cymbal line. we want 7 strong guys (or girls) who can be there from day one at open house, and become the greatest, most hard-core line DCA has ever seen. We will accept nothing but 110% the entire time.

Rehearsals are very easy to work with, as they are every 3-4 weeks on weekends, with performances on weekends as well. We are a bay area based corps, so rehearsals will vary from San Francisco, down to San Jose. Fee's are dramaticly lower then jr corps, and we have a pretty good time...to say the least.

We have some great instructional staff who is willing to make the commitment, as long as the bodies are there to teach.

Of course we will also be looking to field a full drumline as well.

So if you are interested, drop me a line at some point, and we really look forward to making this happen.

the actual drumline staff obviously has not been set quite yet. But we know of a few people who will be around.

One former SCVC cymbal player is interested in teaching if we get the bodies there from day 1.

Cool. I was the cymbal tech for a number of years with Reading. Good luck. I always want to see more cymbal lines out there, as long as they are quality.

I had a 7 person line when I taught Bluecoats in 2000. I like 8 or 6, parts and visuals seem to split easier. I understand your whole 7 thing though. Hope to see it happen.

That sounds like a cool goal. I miss the cymbal lines in corps that no longer have them. On the recruitment front though, maybe try outside of normal "drumline" kind of channels and get some new folks into the activity. They may then be in it for the long haul. Just a suggestion.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone.

So i know this year is far from over as far as DCA corps are concerned. But I figured i would throw out a little bit of information, get the word out, and maybe find some interested people.

A few of us in the SF Renegades have decided that next year, we want to have the most bad-### 7 man cymbal line. we want 7 strong guys (or girls) who can be there from day one at open house, and become the greatest, most hard-core line DCA has ever seen. We will accept nothing but 110% the entire time.

-SNIP-

So if you are interested, drop me a line at some point, and we really look forward to making this happen.

I marched snare with St. Joe's of Batavia back in the 50's but haven't

picked up sticks since I moved to the left coast in the 60's.

I've had a urge to march again before the ole body gives out so I might

be interested in that cymbal line.

I live in Daly City and aside from traveling to Europe or Nova Scotia

in summers past, my time is pretty much free.

Drop me email at pstrogen at cris dot com....

Paul ( currently in Rochester at DCA finals... )

Just a quick update.

There has actually been quite a bit of buzz about this topic that was going around DCA weekend. a few people have expressed some interest and we hope to make this happen.

I guess since Paul brought it up, I will elaborate a little more.

We are also 100% looking for a bigger drumline next year.

9-10 snares, 5 quads, 5 basses, 7 cyms, and of course a bigger pit.

Changes are happenin folks, the near future will hold great things for this line.