Teal Sound 2007....

I'm really happy to see Florida fielding a corps again. There's such great talent across the state (Florida Panhandle is my home turf). There are some great high school bands between Panama City and Pensacola not to mention FSU and UF. When I was marching Southwind, there were a lot of guys traveling all over to get some drum corps action. Back then SW was in Montgomery, so it was only 2-3 hour drive. Also, it would be nice to have a show or two in the state to spread the corps gospel :P .

In 1991, we did a Florida tour through Melbourne and Daytona with about three different shows. Great crowds too.

Yeah, it is nice for Florida to get back into it. And with the way things are going with Teal....the future looks very bright and promising.

Is it December yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't wait to get the '08 edition of Teal Sound going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drum Corps was in Daytona?!?!?! I'd like to get more info on this because this is where I currently reside. I'd love to get it back here if possible.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is nice for Florida to get back into it. And with the way things are going with Teal....the future looks very bright and promising.

Is it December yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't wait to get the '08 edition of Teal Sound going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drum Corps was in Daytona?!?!?! I'd like to get more info on this because this is where I currently reside. I'd love to get it back here if possible.

There was a show in Palm Bay for a few years, then they tried to also run one in Daytona. But the Daytona show didn't sell & it rained . But lots of plans in motion to bring DCI and DCA South shows to Florida in 08. :)

Teal Sound was a GREAT surprise this year and definitely made a lot of people take notice. Some minor tweaking and adjusting to the growing pains, and the corps can only go up!! CONGRATULATIONS on a GREAT SEASON. Looking froward to 08 !!

So, I just looked at my ancient tour shirt and we were in Daytona on July 9 and Melborne on July 10, 1991. Can't tell you what high school we performed at but it was pretty big.

I remember Cadets, Crossmen, Spirit, Magic, SouthWind, Caroina Crown, and Florida Wave performing. While we were in formation to go on for retreat (those were the days), there was a block of Suncoast Sound (in uniform and with horns) next to us. Whispers spread through our block like we just saw Elvis. Still don't know what that was about...

Edited by lawrenceleclaire

Great season, wish i could have seen the show but i missed it by a few days because of deployment, grr. But i know the feeling of going on to the next season after 2005 and a great season we moved on to 2006 and the retention was zilch. I think retention both in staff and members is a big deal in th growth of a young corps. Teal is still under a decade of fielding shows. I hope to hear great things from Teal 08. Marcos keep those kids doing great things in basics block. Nothing starts your day better than basics block.

I only got to see what was on youtube since there was nothing on the home page. Who was the cymbal tech by the way? A teal vet?..

I only got to see what was on youtube since there was nothing on the home page. Who was the cymbal tech by the way? A teal vet?..

Mario Talor was the cymbal tech and he was awesome. I was on the cymbal line

Mario Talor was the cymbal tech and he was awesome. I was on the cymbal line

Oh from spirit?

COOL! keeping the tradition alive. All of the cymbal techs there have been from Spirit. Andrew A.J. Nixon, Me and now Mario