Winter Guard Bloopers

jamay26

What are the craziest things you've seen in a winter guard show. I remember this one show in the 80's where this girls kept tripping on her jazz pants, she must have trip 4 or 5 times. I can't remember what guard it was.

In this other guard, the guard was rotating and while they were rotating, they jump and catch a toss, but a girl in front of the another girl fell, and what ended up happening was the girl fell and the girl behind her landed on the girl that fell. Did that make sense?

Anyway...what other bloopers have you seen on tapes? :rolleyes:

haven't seen any bloopers on tape, but i might have been one one back in 1977....

marksmen were having their home colorguard show (i don't think it was called winterguard yet, that came later) and corps members were required to work the show. i was a "runner" , someone who picks up paperwork from the judges and runs it over to the people next door who tally the results.

i had just finished picking up all of the sheets from the judges when the next guard begin their show. i was walking down the rear of the court when one of the rifles lost it and the rifle hit me really ******* hard on my left ankle.. i dropped like a rock and all i remember after it happened was being dragged down a hallway somewhere. i still don't know the name of the 'guard that tried to kill me... i had this really cool bruise for almost 3 months...

I am not quite sure which year it was, but I know it was the early 90's and I am also not quite sure of the guard - but I know it was one of the Canadian guards at the Boston Regional that year. Well, to make a long story short and quite funny actually - this girl in the guard was performing her butt off when all of a sudden her top fell off. Yes, it was down and all was showing, did she even care or stop performing? NO - she stood there at the end of their show as proud as can be.

:rolleyes:

Well, at least she had discipline!

Good for her!

B)

Fantasia World guard a couple years ago.......had the "magic flag" that gets dropped 3 times in a row...... they were doing these down the line, back and forth exchanges and the same silks gets dropped three times, by three different people! Finals video...I think it was the Beatles show.

Haha this literally happened yesterday...

We have an improv section in our show that appears to be really random and careless, but it's normally done the same way at every show. Sometimes, however - people get carried away.

As I do a split leap across the front, a couple does a sabre exchange behind me. The guard captain, John, releases a behind the back toss which is caught by Carolina, who is sitting on the ground. Yesterday she forgot to catch it. The sabre fell, John gave that confident look like "Yeah, I know we're good", and then his expression changed to a horrified "What the f*ck??" Carolina, beautiful and graceful, tried to recover as she put her hand out AFTER the sabre hit the floor.

Later they demonstrated it for us in slow motion, several times, as we held our sides from laughing so hard.

My sophmore year in HS...i was in an ind winterguard.....our background was these huge rolling PCP piping T cross thingies, with long pieces of floor-mat material hanging on it. Well we were susposed to pull out a pin to make them shorter and easier to roll. At my first show i was pushing one of the pieces off the floor, but i forgot to pull the pin out. So as i was pushing it off quickly and grabbing flags it fell on top of me! :sos: I eventually pushed it off of me and got off the floor, but ill never forget that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember a show here in Colorado around 81/82. I'm pretty sure it was Sky Ryders guard had some black boxes wired up to pop out a puff of smoke at a point in the show. Several boxes were lined up along the sideline (geeze, now I can't remember if it was the front or back!).

As their floor crew was setting up, they advised those of us sitting near the boxes that we may not want to be sitting there, so we moved. Naturally, just as the music was about to start, two teenage girls came scrambling in and sat down almost right on top of one of those boxes. We tried to warn them, but they shushed us and ignored us.

As the show progressed, it came to the part were the boxes would explode, starting at the far left of where we were sitting. The two girls were sitting next to the third one. One box exploded, and everyone's attention (the two girls included) went to the boxes. The next box exploded, and now we were all watching the two girls, who watched one box explode, then the next. They looked down at the box next to their feet, exchanged horrified looks, and jumped up and ran out of there lickedy split! They got away just in time!

We were all just busting our guts laughing at them!