Thank you Pioneer

Thank you, everyone involved in Pioneer for a great season.

While many are telling you, you're not a Division I corps, you kept your heads up, improved, did your thing and made the alumni proud.

All those saying Pioneer is a Division II corps......maybe you are right. Have you considered the impact on recruitment and finances. Haven't you noticed that DCI doesn't give 'SH--' about Division II/III? Performance fees are much lower?

And I am not saying that the corps doing a limited Div I tour are wrong....no they are wise for doing that and staying alive, but we are losing corps like crazy, Div II/III is as big as Div I in Pasadena and still Pioneer is one of those corps out there that take young kids without any experience.....teach them what Drum Corps is, entertain crowds all over the US and still remain a corps that is financially and organizationally healthy. I applaud them for that. Yes, the show could have been better......but I can name some more corps that should hear a bell ringing.

So THANK YOU Pioneer members, staff and management for giving your kids and the audience a great experience!!!!

And THANK YOU for being part of the Kingsmen Alumni Show. The crowd LOVED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we The KAC loved the sound of your hornline in the parking lot as well.

It's show day for us. See you tonight.

Out of curiosity, how did the Kingsmen decide on Pioneer and Impulse as the corps for their event?

Out of curiosity, how did the Kingsmen decide on Pioneer and Impulse as the corps for their event?

I must say that Pioneer is a class act! Hang in there guys - looking forward to seeing you next season.

Whatever division a corps decides compete in should not matter. WGI has six national competitive classes and even more on the local circuit level. I do not see WGI treating any of its winterguard classes with any lack of respect as does DCI. We the fans need to express to DCI that if it weren't for these corps, there would not be much of a DCI at all. I am surprised that some Div II/III parent organizations have not stormed DCI for more recognition of these great corps. :wub:

I have always been impressed with how the kids in Pioneer carry themselves. They must be doing something right to develop that kind of a member.

I'm good friends with the percussion caption head of Pioneer, even helped to teach him when he was marching Lone Star. He's a class act that is getting those kids of his to do some great stuff. His percussion section was doing some really cool stuff this year that I don't think got the credit it did.

Keep up the good work.

Oh man, the warm up at the kingsmen show (speaking as a member of that hornline) was our best of the season! I loved playing for a crowd of drum corps fans and just hearing them get excited as we're out there doin our thing. Sure we aren't top 12, but I saw JSU's show and I'm willing to bet our show got a bigger crowd response than theirs even if theirs was cleaner, just thought i'd throw that out there :P anyway, glad to hear the kingsmen alum liked us. you guys were the bomb out there, SO many horns... man just listenin to all that history about bein in the top 5 out of like 500 made my jaw drop.