Andy Poor - Activist Judge...

Bluecoats clearly have an incredible brassline this year. But when they go on fourth from last, and they get a 9.9 in tech, and a 9.9 in mus, there is is no question that they've practically been selected to win brass for the night. Andy Poor may have gone into that contest with a severe lack of numbers management skills, but given his long experience as an adjudicator, I seriously doubt this is the case. Rather, I think he went in with the intention of giving them first place in brass, regardless of what the four corps following them might do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe here's a thought... god forbid... they deserved it?

Bluecoats clearly have an incredible brassline this year. But when they go on fourth from last, and they get a 9.9 in tech, and a 9.9 in mus, there is is no question that they've practically been selected to win brass for the night. Andy Poor may have gone into that contest with a severe lack of numbers management skills, but given his long experience as an adjudicator, I seriously doubt this is the case. Rather, I think he went in with the intention of giving them first place in brass, regardless of what the four corps following them might do.

A spokesman for DCI was quick to blame the mess on Bill Clinton.

Or maybe here's a thought... god forbid... they deserved it?

They may have deserved it, but it appears as if the placement was predetermined, rather than based on all of the performances. You don't leave that little space away for yourself with four groups to go unless you've already made a decision.

Maybe he scored Regiment too high with a 9.7 and 9.8. After doing that, if he thought 'Coats were better what choice did he have?

Looking over the numbers, maybe his high number problem started back as far as Madison.

I mentioned this last night...and the response I got was...how many times have you judged brass.

I feel its just not fair to tell corps they have no chance of winning the caption before they perform.

Give them a 19.7 with everyone else under them...I have no problem with that what so ever. It's all about spreads anyway.

It would be nice to see corps just get a number, rather than having to leave space for the top or not leaving space. Ties are ok!