breaking news from California

As I watched Providence finishing their last run-through today, I noticed the corps director called everybody together and told them that he was looking to move the corps up to Division 2 for next season. This of course was greeted with a great deal of excitement from the corps and certainly will spread a wave reaction through the Division II/III community.

The members were EXTREMELY excited; in fact, they were so excited that they asked to do ANOTHER run of the show!

Keep tuned in for more information on this breaking story!

I was lucky enough to be present during the announcement. The members were EXTREMELY enthusiastic about the announcement, and even more so when they heard about what their show for next year would be. It's an interesting move on the part of Providence's director- usually most directors would wait until after the season to announce news like this because they're afraid that it would distract their corps. For Providence's members though, it seems to serve as extra motivation to be as focused as possible on performing well.

I can't say anything about the show at this time, but it's looking to be a program of "biblical" proportions! B)