Div II/III Finals

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, there's always debate on who should have placed where the few days after finals. it's all good. remember the controversy after 2005? or last year when almost everyone thought OC should have finished second? it's nothing new. basically, I'm sure they both had awesome shows. the judges picked a winner, and it goes down in the records. I personally am a fan of having my own personal winner. it makes everything ok.

Just curious, what's the 901 thing with Memphis?

Congrats, BTW! :)

901 is the area code for Memphis.

Just got home and finished resting up from the whirlwind weekend!

It was a great weekend for all Div II/III corps! As the weekend progressed we had more and more people in the stands which is nice. Just wish more people would come out and see the kick A** shows that these smaller corps put on! And the emotion and heart that comes off the field each and every time! These young people always truly amaze me!

I am very proud of what FEVER accomplished this summer! With all that we have had to overcome you guys gave it your all and left your heart on that field! It is an honor to be part of what you have done! .1 away from that GOLD, high GE and colorguard.....FEVER, you have nothing to be ashamed of! It was a phenomenal year, your are phenomenal young adults! Great job!

Let's get some rest and then start on 2008!

Congratulations to Memphis Sound and Spartans! You will represent the divisions well!

Just got home and finished resting up from the whirlwind weekend!

It was a great weekend for all Div II/III corps! As the weekend progressed we had more and more people in the stands which is nice. Just wish more people would come out and see the kick A** shows that these smaller corps put on! And the emotion and heart that comes off the field each and every time! These young people always truly amaze me!

I am very proud of what FEVER accomplished this summer! With all that we have had to overcome you guys gave it your all and left your heart on that field! It is an honor to be part of what you have done! .1 away from that GOLD, high GE and colorguard.....FEVER, you have nothing to be ashamed of! It was a phenomenal year, your are phenomenal young adults! Great job!

Let's get some rest and then start on 2008!

Congratulations to Memphis Sound and Spartans! You will represent the divisions well!

Glad all went well for you guys. See you next season!

Nancy

It was a very nice Finals. Div. II & III got to march on a much better field than the Div. I corps. Only thing was is that during midday on a summer day, it was so hot and it smelled like burning rubber. LOL!!! Ryan H Turner did a fantastic job all week long, including the Kingsmen bit Friday night at the Rose Bowl. Great job as the MC! Right there with Dan Potter and Brandt Crocker.

The crowd might be small, but there was a ton of energy from the folks on saturday. I recall atleast 3 different occasions fans stomping their feet in approval of the corps.

I think my most embarrasing moment was talking with Charlie Groh. I had recognized him before, from drum corps shows in SoCal. He was photographing all day at Finals. I didn't realize until I pulled up the Impulse webpage that he was their Exec Director. LOL!!! I thought just another photographer shooting for a particular drum corps. In fact, I thought he was with Pacific Crest drum corps. LOL!!! Anyways, we had a good time saturday talking about photography and such, and yet, here is a guy, who corps is performing their last show at Finals, and he is very laid back, shooting pics of all the corps (I think).

Anyways, a very nice Finals this past saturday, indeed.