BLUE DEVILS....2007 DCI Div.1 Champions

Hehe...... The Cavaliers, thieves in the night.... :worthy:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole "the Semis champ always wins Finals" thing has to die sometime. It won't go on forever.

And it might die tonight.

I hear you. Statistically, mathamaticians will tell you that the trend should have ended long ago too. That's why we can be ok with this in my view.

yes - how about we let the corps actually "go through the motions" of performing tonight!!

Geez. :worthy:

I do think we'll see movement somewhere from 2nd to 12th tonite which will make things interesting. We do see movement each year in those positions, and we can expect a surprise or two tonite there in my opinion. So it still will make for an interesting night in my view. For Corps 2nd-12th, most people will not remember where they finished in the Quarters and Semi's years from now, so for these Corps tonight it is my no means a " go thru the motions " night. ( nor I might add for BD. BD just needs not to do a thoroughly bad performance tonite, and it's theirs )

Edited by X DM

You gotta wonder...how ugly with things get if this thing ends in a tie?

You gotta wonder...how ugly with things get if this thing ends in a tie?

Good point. I would not rule out that scenario. I doubt it though. Either way, BD will be Champion or at worst Co- Champion. I just don't see any other possibility that involves BD not being crowned champion tonight. I really don't. I think BD's win margin will be between 3-7 tenths. But we'll see.

Edited by X DM

I hear you. Statistically, mathamaticians will tell you that the trend should have ended long ago too. That's why we can be ok with this in my view.

I think someone did this a few years ago. I'll redo the math and come back with an answer on Monday if, statistically, if a corps wins semi's they win finals.