The 2007 DCI Finals Thread

One can only hope!

In the performance captions - one might notice that Phantom is running 2nd place - only behind blue devils. It shows their execution is superb to most corps (actually its almost dead even with BD). Too bad the "GE" judges bump up scores for Cavaliers and Cadets.

I think it's time we have 2 GE Visual and 2 GE Music judges. I think it's ridiculous that 1 judge controls 20% of the score - and the 2 combined control 40% of the total score.

I was just thinking that we need more judges too. There is simply too much going on for 2 judges to have 40% of the score giving power.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get anything either...can the BD guys confirm we crashed it?

DCI.org is next!!!!

How come DCP never crashes?

Yeah, you may have. Is everyone looking at the Cadet's founder interview? :)

Hopefully we'll be back soon.

I'd like to see a new wrinkle in Bluecoats show when they say "You have the right to remain silent" they could have a prisoner being led away in a Cadet uniform.

I can't get anything either...can the BD guys confirm we crashed it?

DCI.org is next!!!!

How come DCP never crashes?

Yeah, we may have gone under. Hopefully we'll come back before too long. This is the craziest night of the year for us, obviously.

The reason DCP stays alive is because it's all text, so each page doesn't' require that much bandwidth to load. bluedevils.org on the other hand hosts tons of photos and, this year especially, tons and tons of videos. So when lots of people want that all at the same time (tonight) things sometimes meltdown.

All I can tell you now is that we are working on it and hope to be back up ASAP, but no actual estimate of when that will be.

Hope that helps.

One can only hope!

In the performance captions - one might notice that Phantom is running 2nd place - only behind blue devils. It shows their execution is superb to most corps (actually its almost dead even with BD). Too bad the "GE" judges bump up scores for Cavaliers and Cadets.

I think it's time we have 2 GE Visual and 2 GE Music judges. I think it's ridiculous that 1 judge controls 20% of the score - and the 2 combined control 40% of the total score.

oh yeahhhhhhh,,,I love Phantom ,,and even though Madison is not here tonight <**> I agree ,,,,,with you. I'm a long standing Madison man ,,,BUT ,,I know corps ,,,,well maybe in the old sense of corps ,,,and Phantom is a class act ,,,all the way around.

Yeah, we may have gone under. Hopefully we'll come back before too long. This is the craziest night of the year for us, obviously.

The reason DCP stays alive is because it's all text, so each page doesn't' require that much bandwidth to load. bluedevils.org on the other hand hosts tons of photos and, this year especially, tons and tons of videos. So when lots of people want that all at the same time (tonight) things sometimes meltdown.

All I can tell you now is that we are working on it and hope to be back up ASAP, but no actual estimate of when that will be.

Hope that helps.

That's cool...we can wait.

Who ever said that DCP never crashes is crazy. Well it might be my 4 computers but sometimes it won't let me on saying the server is not real.

[quote name='CoHmempho04' post='1978237' date='Aug 11 2007, 09:48 PM']Who ever said that DCP never crashes is crazy. Well it might be my 4 computers but sometimes it won't let me on saying the server is not real.[/quote]
I'm just saying in comparison to dci.org...its very stable.

true